Steve Austin Broke Sylvester Stallone's Neck
Wrestler Steve Austin was sent into a panic when he discovered he had fractured Sylvester Stallone's neck during a stunt sequence for "The Expendables" - he feared he had crippled the Hollywood star. Stallone suffered serious injuries in a fight scene with Austin for the action movie and he underwent corrective surgery to repair the damage, which left him with a metal plate in his neck.
Austin admits he had no idea about the extent of Stallone's injuries until months after the accident and he was left shaken by reports which suggested he had broken the star's neck. He says, "I was sitting in a deer stand in my ranch in south Texas and my phone started blowing up. I was getting people telling me I'd broken his neck. I was like, 'Oh my God! What did I do?' "
Austin later found out Stallone's injury was not as serious as he had been made to believe and even received a phone call from the actor himself to allay his fears. He adds, "Sly left me a message saying it was all cool. There were no hard feelings."
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt