Steve Austin Broke Sylvester Stallone's Neck
Wrestler Steve Austin was sent into a panic when he discovered he had fractured Sylvester Stallone's neck during a stunt sequence for "The Expendables" - he feared he had crippled the Hollywood star. Stallone suffered serious injuries in a fight scene with Austin for the action movie and he underwent corrective surgery to repair the damage, which left him with a metal plate in his neck.
Austin admits he had no idea about the extent of Stallone's injuries until months after the accident and he was left shaken by reports which suggested he had broken the star's neck. He says, "I was sitting in a deer stand in my ranch in south Texas and my phone started blowing up. I was getting people telling me I'd broken his neck. I was like, 'Oh my God! What did I do?' "
Austin later found out Stallone's injury was not as serious as he had been made to believe and even received a phone call from the actor himself to allay his fears. He adds, "Sly left me a message saying it was all cool. There were no hard feelings."
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman