Steve Austin Broke Sylvester Stallone's Neck
Wrestler Steve Austin was sent into a panic when he discovered he had fractured Sylvester Stallone's neck during a stunt sequence for "The Expendables" - he feared he had crippled the Hollywood star. Stallone suffered serious injuries in a fight scene with Austin for the action movie and he underwent corrective surgery to repair the damage, which left him with a metal plate in his neck.
Austin admits he had no idea about the extent of Stallone's injuries until months after the accident and he was left shaken by reports which suggested he had broken the star's neck. He says, "I was sitting in a deer stand in my ranch in south Texas and my phone started blowing up. I was getting people telling me I'd broken his neck. I was like, 'Oh my God! What did I do?' "
Austin later found out Stallone's injury was not as serious as he had been made to believe and even received a phone call from the actor himself to allay his fears. He adds, "Sly left me a message saying it was all cool. There were no hard feelings."
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'