Billy Boyd to Get Married by the End of 2010
"Lord of the Rings" star Billy Boyd is set to marry his long term partner by the end of the year - and he wants The Proclaimers to perform at the wedding. The Scottish actor, who played lovable Hobbit Peregrin 'Pippin' Took in the trilogy, is planning to walk down the aisle with Ali McKinnon, the mother of his four-year-old son Jack.
And Boyd, who is currently touring with play Sunshine On Leith based on songs by The Proclaimers, is hoping to have some extra special wedding singers at the ceremony. He tells Scotland's Daily Record, "As the Proclaimers say, 'It's just a piece of paper but it says I love you'."
"Me and Ali would just go off and do it but we want friends and family to be there. We are really, really trying to do it this year. I'm a huge Proclaimers fan and I would love them to play. That would make us do it."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences