Billy Boyd to Get Married by the End of 2010
"Lord of the Rings" star Billy Boyd is set to marry his long term partner by the end of the year - and he wants The Proclaimers to perform at the wedding. The Scottish actor, who played lovable Hobbit Peregrin 'Pippin' Took in the trilogy, is planning to walk down the aisle with Ali McKinnon, the mother of his four-year-old son Jack.
And Boyd, who is currently touring with play Sunshine On Leith based on songs by The Proclaimers, is hoping to have some extra special wedding singers at the ceremony. He tells Scotland's Daily Record, "As the Proclaimers say, 'It's just a piece of paper but it says I love you'."
"Me and Ali would just go off and do it but we want friends and family to be there. We are really, really trying to do it this year. I'm a huge Proclaimers fan and I would love them to play. That would make us do it."
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed