Death Threats to Cheryl Cole Over 'X Factor' Axing Investigated
Police in Britain are investigating a death threat allegedly made against Cheryl Cole after she axed a talented black singer from Simon Cowell's TV show "The X Factor". The Girls Aloud star has faced growing criticism in the U.K. since Sunday, October 3's program which saw her choose nervous contestant Cher Lloyd for the live rounds of the series over confident Gamu Nhengu.
But the furore around Cole has turned sinister - an anonymous phone message has been intercepted which allegedly threatened the singer and claimed she made the "biggest mistake" of her life by axing Nhengu. And now cops from London's Scotland Yard are looking into the message, according to Britain's The Sun.
Among the threats is "Every1 has a bullet for you." The message signed by alias Supa Capone includes hate sentences like "You are a hater. You can't sing 2 save your life. So to make urself happy you want to get rid off all the good singers you know will make you look s***. Nobody wants to buy ur album."
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie