Elton John, Lily Allen and Sting Honored at BMI Songwriting Awards
Sir Elton John, Lily Allen and Sting have been honored for their songwriting skills at a glitzy ceremony in London. Sting was handed an award for scoring more than 10 million plays of his The Police hit "Every Breath You Take" on U.S. radio, while Allen's track "The Fear" was also recognized as a favorite on the airwaves in the U.S.
"Rocket Man" Sir Elton and his songwriting partner Bernie Taupin were also honored at the event, held by the Broadcast Music, Inc (BMI), for their hits "Your Song" and "Crocodile Rock", which have received a massive 14 million plays on the radio in America.
Meanwhile, Don Black, famous for tracks including "Born Free" and "Diamonds Are Forever", was handed the BMI Icon title at Tuesday's October 5 bash.
More Elton John News
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her