Jenny McCarthy Talks About Facing Bullies While at School
Actress/model Jenny McCarthy has joined the bullying debate after hearing about a spate of school suicides, brought on by years of teen torment - revealing she was once the target of thugs. The sexy star recently "evaluated" her own years of torment in Chicago, Illinois after reading up about the tragedies of Seth Walsh, Asher Walker, Billy Lucas and Justin Aaberg, who all took their lives rather than face the bullies ruining their lives - and she realized she was once just like them.
Recalling the terror of her abusive youth on Tuesday's October 5 "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" in America, McCarthy said, "I would have girls wait for me outside of school with pipes, to beat me up... They were picking on me because their boyfriends would look at me on the way home."
"After hearing all the bully stuff, I kinda went back and evaluated what I was thinking, looking out the window... 'Why didn't I tell my mom? Why didn't I tell my teacher?' It was because I didn't want my mom or anyone to think I was weak."
"Then it got worse. By the time I got to high school, the girls... were throwing pies at my face, pulling out my hair, spitting on me and then the worst part was when they lit my hair on fire on the bus. I went to an all-girls Catholic school, need I say more. But we also went to school next to a public school, so we got on the bus, the city bus, and the public school (kids) got on the bus before us, so they'd just attack and be so vicious."
McCarthy became so terrified of school life she started staying at home to avoid the bullies: "I literally got a call from my high school saying, 'If Jenny misses one more day of school, she's not gonna get her diploma' and my mom was like, 'You've gotta go'. I was so terrified."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby