Jenny McCarthy Talks About Facing Bullies While at School
Actress/model Jenny McCarthy has joined the bullying debate after hearing about a spate of school suicides, brought on by years of teen torment - revealing she was once the target of thugs. The sexy star recently "evaluated" her own years of torment in Chicago, Illinois after reading up about the tragedies of Seth Walsh, Asher Walker, Billy Lucas and Justin Aaberg, who all took their lives rather than face the bullies ruining their lives - and she realized she was once just like them.
Recalling the terror of her abusive youth on Tuesday's October 5 "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" in America, McCarthy said, "I would have girls wait for me outside of school with pipes, to beat me up... They were picking on me because their boyfriends would look at me on the way home."
"After hearing all the bully stuff, I kinda went back and evaluated what I was thinking, looking out the window... 'Why didn't I tell my mom? Why didn't I tell my teacher?' It was because I didn't want my mom or anyone to think I was weak."
"Then it got worse. By the time I got to high school, the girls... were throwing pies at my face, pulling out my hair, spitting on me and then the worst part was when they lit my hair on fire on the bus. I went to an all-girls Catholic school, need I say more. But we also went to school next to a public school, so we got on the bus, the city bus, and the public school (kids) got on the bus before us, so they'd just attack and be so vicious."
McCarthy became so terrified of school life she started staying at home to avoid the bullies: "I literally got a call from my high school saying, 'If Jenny misses one more day of school, she's not gonna get her diploma' and my mom was like, 'You've gotta go'. I was so terrified."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen