Van Halen Are Said Secretly Plotting 2011 Tour
Van Halen are secretly plotting a 2011 tour, according to the band's manager Irving Azoff. Azoff let the news slip in his capacity as Live Nation Ticketmaster chairman at a concert promoters meeting on Monday, October 4, according to RollingStone.
Van Halen, with frontman David Lee Roth, last toured together in 2008 - a tour which grossed $93 million for Live Nation. However, before fans break open their piggy banks in the hope of landing the first tickets, it should be noted that Azoff also promised a 2010 Van Halen outing last year, but that never came to fruition.
The site further reported that Irving Azoff also mentioned Avril Lavigne, Christina Aguilera and the cast of hit musical series "Glee" as other potential 2011 moneymakers.
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- The Next 'X-Men' Sequel May Be Directed by Simon Kinberg
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors