Arguments Made Usher Contemplate Divorce
R&B superstar Usher spent months contemplating divorce from Tameka Foster because he would have serious doubts about the strength of their marriage whenever they argued. The "Yeah!" hitmaker wed stylist Foster in 2007, despite the disapproval of his mother Jonetta Patton, and the couple went on to have two sons together.
But the relationship soon crumbled and the singer filed for divorce in 2009, claiming they had been living apart for almost a year. And Usher admits splitting from his wife was always at the back of his mind - especially after seeing how poorly received their union was by his fans and the press.
He tells Vibe magazine, "During our disagreements, that's when I really began to contemplate marriage and if this is someone whom I'm compatible with. Anytime we had a disagreement or an argument, I began to contemplate: Wow, is this really gonna work out? I'm going through hell right now, given the fact that people have an opinion about our relationship."
"I can't be unhappy at home and fighting the wars or the opinions outside... 'You should've handled things this way,' 'I wish you would've said this,' 'You're handling me wrong,' 'I don't like the way I'm feeling about this' - it could be anything, man."
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'