Amelle Berrabah Warns the Danger of Booze
British singer Amelle Berrabah is warning fans of the dangers of driving the morning after a party - after she was arrested for DUI last month. The Sugababes star was traveling to see her personal trainer the day after a boozy night out when she was pulled over by cops and breathalyzed.
She was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, but Berrabah insists she didn't know there was a possibility she could be over the legal limit because she had been asleep for six hours. Berrabah tells Britain's Heat magazine, "When I got stopped, I was shocked. I couldn't believe it had happened. I was really ashamed of myself. I just had no idea I would still have alcohol in my system. I didn't know it was possible six hours later."
"The fact that you can still be over the legal limit several hours later should be better known to people. People need to be more aware that there's still a risk. I didn't know it could happen and I was caught out. I would never have driven if I'd known."
"I just feel I've let a lot of people down, and I've let myself down. I made a genuine mistake and people make mistakes every day. I put my hands up, but I just want to move on from it as quickly as possible."
The singer is due to appear at London's Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court on October 8.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show