Director Looking for Replacement for Tony Curtis in 'Morella'
Casting directors behind independent movie "Morella" are facing a last minute scout for a suitable replacement to take over from Tony Curtis following his tragic death last week. The Hollywood icon passed away on Wednesday after suffering a cardiac arrest, just weeks before he was due to begin production on "Morella", based on a short story by Edgar Allan Poe.
But re-casting the role won't be an easy task - according to a movie representative, filmmakers are looking for an actor "on (Curtis') level". However, Curtis' memory will live on in the film - producers plan to pay tribute to the Some Like It Hot actor with the finished product. The rep tells Entertainment Weekly, "We are very saddened by the loss. Obviously, we will dedicate the film to his memory."
Curtis was laid to rest in a memorial service in Las Vegas on Monday, October 4. Shooting on Morella, in which Curtis was due to play oil tycoon Frank Phillips, is due to commence on November 7.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences