Director Looking for Replacement for Tony Curtis in 'Morella'
Casting directors behind independent movie "Morella" are facing a last minute scout for a suitable replacement to take over from Tony Curtis following his tragic death last week. The Hollywood icon passed away on Wednesday after suffering a cardiac arrest, just weeks before he was due to begin production on "Morella", based on a short story by Edgar Allan Poe.
But re-casting the role won't be an easy task - according to a movie representative, filmmakers are looking for an actor "on (Curtis') level". However, Curtis' memory will live on in the film - producers plan to pay tribute to the Some Like It Hot actor with the finished product. The rep tells Entertainment Weekly, "We are very saddened by the loss. Obviously, we will dedicate the film to his memory."
Curtis was laid to rest in a memorial service in Las Vegas on Monday, October 4. Shooting on Morella, in which Curtis was due to play oil tycoon Frank Phillips, is due to commence on November 7.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video