Director Looking for Replacement for Tony Curtis in 'Morella'
Casting directors behind independent movie "Morella" are facing a last minute scout for a suitable replacement to take over from Tony Curtis following his tragic death last week. The Hollywood icon passed away on Wednesday after suffering a cardiac arrest, just weeks before he was due to begin production on "Morella", based on a short story by Edgar Allan Poe.
But re-casting the role won't be an easy task - according to a movie representative, filmmakers are looking for an actor "on (Curtis') level". However, Curtis' memory will live on in the film - producers plan to pay tribute to the Some Like It Hot actor with the finished product. The rep tells Entertainment Weekly, "We are very saddened by the loss. Obviously, we will dedicate the film to his memory."
Curtis was laid to rest in a memorial service in Las Vegas on Monday, October 4. Shooting on Morella, in which Curtis was due to play oil tycoon Frank Phillips, is due to commence on November 7.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'