Director Looking for Replacement for Tony Curtis in 'Morella'
Casting directors behind independent movie "Morella" are facing a last minute scout for a suitable replacement to take over from Tony Curtis following his tragic death last week. The Hollywood icon passed away on Wednesday after suffering a cardiac arrest, just weeks before he was due to begin production on "Morella", based on a short story by Edgar Allan Poe.
But re-casting the role won't be an easy task - according to a movie representative, filmmakers are looking for an actor "on (Curtis') level". However, Curtis' memory will live on in the film - producers plan to pay tribute to the Some Like It Hot actor with the finished product. The rep tells Entertainment Weekly, "We are very saddened by the loss. Obviously, we will dedicate the film to his memory."
Curtis was laid to rest in a memorial service in Las Vegas on Monday, October 4. Shooting on Morella, in which Curtis was due to play oil tycoon Frank Phillips, is due to commence on November 7.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart