Director Looking for Replacement for Tony Curtis in 'Morella'
Casting directors behind independent movie "Morella" are facing a last minute scout for a suitable replacement to take over from Tony Curtis following his tragic death last week. The Hollywood icon passed away on Wednesday after suffering a cardiac arrest, just weeks before he was due to begin production on "Morella", based on a short story by Edgar Allan Poe.
But re-casting the role won't be an easy task - according to a movie representative, filmmakers are looking for an actor "on (Curtis') level". However, Curtis' memory will live on in the film - producers plan to pay tribute to the Some Like It Hot actor with the finished product. The rep tells Entertainment Weekly, "We are very saddened by the loss. Obviously, we will dedicate the film to his memory."
Curtis was laid to rest in a memorial service in Las Vegas on Monday, October 4. Shooting on Morella, in which Curtis was due to play oil tycoon Frank Phillips, is due to commence on November 7.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special