'Back to the Future' Items and Props to Go Under Hammer on November 6
"Back to the Future" fans are set for a pre-Christmas treat when a treasure trove of items and props from the movie come up for auction to benefit Michael J. Fox's charity foundation. A reproduction of the DeLorean time machine from the first film, a Marty McFly Year 2015 jacket and a Nike 'Mag' self-lacing shoe worn by Fox in "Back to the Future II" and a prop Hill Valley map from "Back to the Future III" will go under the hammer at the Profiles in History sale on November 6.
To make the auction extra special, it will be held at Universal Studios in Los Angeles, where the "Back to the Future" films were made. The memorabilia auction will also feature a rare copy of "Superman Comics No. 1", which is valued at $100,000, and items from "Tron: Legacy", "Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope", "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" and "Spider-Man 2".
The auction house will partner with Variety - the Children's Charity of Southern California and the Michael J. Fox Foundation's Team Fox for the sale.
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab