'Back to the Future' Items and Props to Go Under Hammer on November 6
"Back to the Future" fans are set for a pre-Christmas treat when a treasure trove of items and props from the movie come up for auction to benefit Michael J. Fox's charity foundation. A reproduction of the DeLorean time machine from the first film, a Marty McFly Year 2015 jacket and a Nike 'Mag' self-lacing shoe worn by Fox in "Back to the Future II" and a prop Hill Valley map from "Back to the Future III" will go under the hammer at the Profiles in History sale on November 6.
To make the auction extra special, it will be held at Universal Studios in Los Angeles, where the "Back to the Future" films were made. The memorabilia auction will also feature a rare copy of "Superman Comics No. 1", which is valued at $100,000, and items from "Tron: Legacy", "Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope", "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" and "Spider-Man 2".
The auction house will partner with Variety - the Children's Charity of Southern California and the Michael J. Fox Foundation's Team Fox for the sale.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance