Dana Delany Swears Off Botox for Life Following 'Droopy' Eye Incident
"Desperate Housewives" star Dana Delany has warned women against face-freezing Botox injections because her own experience was so harrowing, it left her with a "droopy" eye. The actress, 54, admits she tried the procedure in 2003 on the advice of her skin doctor - to help her stay wrinkle-free.
But the medic had had little practice in how to correctly inject the formula and one shot was enough to make Delany swear off Botox for life. She tells Prevention magazine, "Seven years ago, I had never heard of Botox. My dermatologist was saying, 'You should try it.' He injected my forehead, hit a nerve, and created a huge haematoma. The nerve has been dead ever since. It affected the muscle in my right eye, so my eye has started to droop a little bit."
The botched attempt to preserve her looks has caused Delany to vow never to undergo any form of cosmetic surgery because she'd rather grow old naturally. She says, "I won't do it, no. My hat's off to Jamie Lee Curtis. She's so smart, and she doesn't dye her hair or anything. And Meryl Streep still looks like herself. Diane Keaton, too. I think the really great actresses don't worry about that kind of thing."
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos