Dana Delany Swears Off Botox for Life Following 'Droopy' Eye Incident
"Desperate Housewives" star Dana Delany has warned women against face-freezing Botox injections because her own experience was so harrowing, it left her with a "droopy" eye. The actress, 54, admits she tried the procedure in 2003 on the advice of her skin doctor - to help her stay wrinkle-free.
But the medic had had little practice in how to correctly inject the formula and one shot was enough to make Delany swear off Botox for life. She tells Prevention magazine, "Seven years ago, I had never heard of Botox. My dermatologist was saying, 'You should try it.' He injected my forehead, hit a nerve, and created a huge haematoma. The nerve has been dead ever since. It affected the muscle in my right eye, so my eye has started to droop a little bit."
The botched attempt to preserve her looks has caused Delany to vow never to undergo any form of cosmetic surgery because she'd rather grow old naturally. She says, "I won't do it, no. My hat's off to Jamie Lee Curtis. She's so smart, and she doesn't dye her hair or anything. And Meryl Streep still looks like herself. Diane Keaton, too. I think the really great actresses don't worry about that kind of thing."
- NBC Sets Premiere Date for DC Comics' Comedy 'Powerless'
- Meghan Trainor Scraps Remaining 2016 Tour Dates due to Illness
- Pharrell Joins Forces With Alicia Keys on New Song 'Apple'
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Blasted for Scratching Her Butt on Sacred Rocks
- The Rock Seduced by a Bikini Babe in 'Baywatch' Longer Teaser Trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Team Up for 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever'
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016