Dana Delany Swears Off Botox for Life Following 'Droopy' Eye Incident
"Desperate Housewives" star Dana Delany has warned women against face-freezing Botox injections because her own experience was so harrowing, it left her with a "droopy" eye. The actress, 54, admits she tried the procedure in 2003 on the advice of her skin doctor - to help her stay wrinkle-free.
But the medic had had little practice in how to correctly inject the formula and one shot was enough to make Delany swear off Botox for life. She tells Prevention magazine, "Seven years ago, I had never heard of Botox. My dermatologist was saying, 'You should try it.' He injected my forehead, hit a nerve, and created a huge haematoma. The nerve has been dead ever since. It affected the muscle in my right eye, so my eye has started to droop a little bit."
The botched attempt to preserve her looks has caused Delany to vow never to undergo any form of cosmetic surgery because she'd rather grow old naturally. She says, "I won't do it, no. My hat's off to Jamie Lee Curtis. She's so smart, and she doesn't dye her hair or anything. And Meryl Streep still looks like herself. Diane Keaton, too. I think the really great actresses don't worry about that kind of thing."
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars