Dana Delany Swears Off Botox for Life Following 'Droopy' Eye Incident
"Desperate Housewives" star Dana Delany has warned women against face-freezing Botox injections because her own experience was so harrowing, it left her with a "droopy" eye. The actress, 54, admits she tried the procedure in 2003 on the advice of her skin doctor - to help her stay wrinkle-free.
But the medic had had little practice in how to correctly inject the formula and one shot was enough to make Delany swear off Botox for life. She tells Prevention magazine, "Seven years ago, I had never heard of Botox. My dermatologist was saying, 'You should try it.' He injected my forehead, hit a nerve, and created a huge haematoma. The nerve has been dead ever since. It affected the muscle in my right eye, so my eye has started to droop a little bit."
The botched attempt to preserve her looks has caused Delany to vow never to undergo any form of cosmetic surgery because she'd rather grow old naturally. She says, "I won't do it, no. My hat's off to Jamie Lee Curtis. She's so smart, and she doesn't dye her hair or anything. And Meryl Streep still looks like herself. Diane Keaton, too. I think the really great actresses don't worry about that kind of thing."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story