Dana Delany Swears Off Botox for Life Following 'Droopy' Eye Incident
"Desperate Housewives" star Dana Delany has warned women against face-freezing Botox injections because her own experience was so harrowing, it left her with a "droopy" eye. The actress, 54, admits she tried the procedure in 2003 on the advice of her skin doctor - to help her stay wrinkle-free.
But the medic had had little practice in how to correctly inject the formula and one shot was enough to make Delany swear off Botox for life. She tells Prevention magazine, "Seven years ago, I had never heard of Botox. My dermatologist was saying, 'You should try it.' He injected my forehead, hit a nerve, and created a huge haematoma. The nerve has been dead ever since. It affected the muscle in my right eye, so my eye has started to droop a little bit."
The botched attempt to preserve her looks has caused Delany to vow never to undergo any form of cosmetic surgery because she'd rather grow old naturally. She says, "I won't do it, no. My hat's off to Jamie Lee Curtis. She's so smart, and she doesn't dye her hair or anything. And Meryl Streep still looks like herself. Diane Keaton, too. I think the really great actresses don't worry about that kind of thing."
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'