Mario to Continue Supporting Mom Despite Assault Allegation
R&B singer Mario has reached out to fans to clear up reports surrounding his arrest last week for allegedly assaulting his mother, insisting he loves her "very much". The "Let Me Love You" hitmaker was taken into custody and charged with second degree assault on Friday, October 1 after his mum, Shawntia Hardaway, told cops he had been damaging property at their home in Baltimore, Maryland and had reportedly shoved her with his hands.
Hardaway, a former heroin addict, also claimed Mario had been violent towards her just days before his arrest. A police report detailing the prior incident suggests Mario pushed his mum "eight feet into a living room wall, where Ms. Hardaway hit her head on the wall".
Mario was released on $50,000 bail and his lawyer, William 'Hassan' Murphy III has admitted the arrest occurred after "an unfortunate incident" between a son and his mum, who has struggled to stay sober. Now Mario himself has spoken out to address the claims, telling UsMagazine.com "I love my mother very much... I will continue to support her any way that I can."
More Mario News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers