Mario to Continue Supporting Mom Despite Assault Allegation
R&B singer Mario has reached out to fans to clear up reports surrounding his arrest last week for allegedly assaulting his mother, insisting he loves her "very much". The "Let Me Love You" hitmaker was taken into custody and charged with second degree assault on Friday, October 1 after his mum, Shawntia Hardaway, told cops he had been damaging property at their home in Baltimore, Maryland and had reportedly shoved her with his hands.
Hardaway, a former heroin addict, also claimed Mario had been violent towards her just days before his arrest. A police report detailing the prior incident suggests Mario pushed his mum "eight feet into a living room wall, where Ms. Hardaway hit her head on the wall".
Mario was released on $50,000 bail and his lawyer, William 'Hassan' Murphy III has admitted the arrest occurred after "an unfortunate incident" between a son and his mum, who has struggled to stay sober. Now Mario himself has spoken out to address the claims, telling UsMagazine.com "I love my mother very much... I will continue to support her any way that I can."
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'