Mario to Continue Supporting Mom Despite Assault Allegation
R&B singer Mario has reached out to fans to clear up reports surrounding his arrest last week for allegedly assaulting his mother, insisting he loves her "very much". The "Let Me Love You" hitmaker was taken into custody and charged with second degree assault on Friday, October 1 after his mum, Shawntia Hardaway, told cops he had been damaging property at their home in Baltimore, Maryland and had reportedly shoved her with his hands.
Hardaway, a former heroin addict, also claimed Mario had been violent towards her just days before his arrest. A police report detailing the prior incident suggests Mario pushed his mum "eight feet into a living room wall, where Ms. Hardaway hit her head on the wall".
Mario was released on $50,000 bail and his lawyer, William 'Hassan' Murphy III has admitted the arrest occurred after "an unfortunate incident" between a son and his mum, who has struggled to stay sober. Now Mario himself has spoken out to address the claims, telling UsMagazine.com "I love my mother very much... I will continue to support her any way that I can."
More Mario News
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!