British Stars Dominate International Emmys Nominations
Actors Helena Bonham Carter and Bob Hoskins will be flying the flag for the U.K. at the International Emmy Awards after helping Britain land a total of nine nominations. The "Alice in Wonderland" star has been hailed in the best actress category for her TV portrayal of iconic children's writer Enid Blyton in "Enid", while Hoskins is up for best actor for his role in BBC drama "The Street".
The program, about the lives of different residents on a road in northwest England, will also compete for the title of best drama series, alongside the likes of U.K. comedy "Peep Show", "Japan's Clouds Over the Hill", "The Killing II" (Denmark), "Traffic Light" (Israel) and Argentinian crime series "Epitafios". "Epitafios" ' lead star Leonardo Sbaraglia will battle Hoskins for the best actor honor, with other nominees including "Sea Wolf" 's Sebastian Koch (Germany) and Sid Lucero for "Dahil May Isang Ikaw" (Philippines).
Meanwhile, Iris Berben's performance in "Thr Krupps - A Family Between War and Peace" (Germany) and Lerato Moloisane for "Home Affairs" (South Africa) are also among the best actress contenders. Brazil garnered a total of five mentions, while Japan and Argentina follow with four apiece.
Music mogul Simon Cowell will receive the International Emmy Founders Award in recognition of his dominance in the reality TV world with his shows "American Idol", "The X Factor" and "Britain's Got Talent". The winners of the 38th International Emmy Awards will be unveiled in New York on November 22. Former "Beverly Hills, 90210" star Jason Priestley will present the ceremony.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed