Russell Brand: Wedding to Katy Perry Would Be 'Normal'
Russell Brand is urging guests not to expect an extravagant ceremony when he marries Katy Perry this month - he wants the wedding to be as "mundane" and "normal" as possible. The British funnyman proposed to the pop star in India on New Year's Eve and they are rumored to be hosting a lavish week-long ceremony in the country to mark their nuptials.
But Brand is adamant his big day won't be a flamboyant affair. He tells British radio station Heart 106.2, "It will just be like a normal one (wedding). It will have a first dance, it will have all of them things, like anything else. It's no more interesting or no less spectacular than any marriage of anybody, so it's very beautiful and incredible and wonderful but it's also utterly mundane."
And the comic insists the couple won't be receiving any wedding presents as they have asked all their guests to make charity donations instead. He adds, "Katy has got a good job and I've got a good job, it seems indulgent to ask for more things, so we're going to do something more worthwhile and humane with any money that people want to give us."
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame