Russell Brand: Wedding to Katy Perry Would Be 'Normal'
Russell Brand is urging guests not to expect an extravagant ceremony when he marries Katy Perry this month - he wants the wedding to be as "mundane" and "normal" as possible. The British funnyman proposed to the pop star in India on New Year's Eve and they are rumored to be hosting a lavish week-long ceremony in the country to mark their nuptials.
But Brand is adamant his big day won't be a flamboyant affair. He tells British radio station Heart 106.2, "It will just be like a normal one (wedding). It will have a first dance, it will have all of them things, like anything else. It's no more interesting or no less spectacular than any marriage of anybody, so it's very beautiful and incredible and wonderful but it's also utterly mundane."
And the comic insists the couple won't be receiving any wedding presents as they have asked all their guests to make charity donations instead. He adds, "Katy has got a good job and I've got a good job, it seems indulgent to ask for more things, so we're going to do something more worthwhile and humane with any money that people want to give us."
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik
- Weird Al Turns Final Presidential Debate Into Song Called 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women'
- Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw Join the Cast of Disney's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Judge Approves Taylor Swift's Request to Seal Her Groping Photo
- Angelina Jolie Already 'Misses' Brad Pitt, Is Having 'Second Thoughts' About Divorce
- Watch Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Parody Beyonce's 'Formation' Video