Russell Brand: Wedding to Katy Perry Would Be 'Normal'
Russell Brand is urging guests not to expect an extravagant ceremony when he marries Katy Perry this month - he wants the wedding to be as "mundane" and "normal" as possible. The British funnyman proposed to the pop star in India on New Year's Eve and they are rumored to be hosting a lavish week-long ceremony in the country to mark their nuptials.
But Brand is adamant his big day won't be a flamboyant affair. He tells British radio station Heart 106.2, "It will just be like a normal one (wedding). It will have a first dance, it will have all of them things, like anything else. It's no more interesting or no less spectacular than any marriage of anybody, so it's very beautiful and incredible and wonderful but it's also utterly mundane."
And the comic insists the couple won't be receiving any wedding presents as they have asked all their guests to make charity donations instead. He adds, "Katy has got a good job and I've got a good job, it seems indulgent to ask for more things, so we're going to do something more worthwhile and humane with any money that people want to give us."
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video