Russell Brand: Wedding to Katy Perry Would Be 'Normal'
Russell Brand is urging guests not to expect an extravagant ceremony when he marries Katy Perry this month - he wants the wedding to be as "mundane" and "normal" as possible. The British funnyman proposed to the pop star in India on New Year's Eve and they are rumored to be hosting a lavish week-long ceremony in the country to mark their nuptials.
But Brand is adamant his big day won't be a flamboyant affair. He tells British radio station Heart 106.2, "It will just be like a normal one (wedding). It will have a first dance, it will have all of them things, like anything else. It's no more interesting or no less spectacular than any marriage of anybody, so it's very beautiful and incredible and wonderful but it's also utterly mundane."
And the comic insists the couple won't be receiving any wedding presents as they have asked all their guests to make charity donations instead. He adds, "Katy has got a good job and I've got a good job, it seems indulgent to ask for more things, so we're going to do something more worthwhile and humane with any money that people want to give us."
More Russell Brand News
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?