Leona Lewis Cancels Nigerian Concert After Car Bombings
British singer Leona Lewis axed a show in Nigeria on Saturday, October 2 after two car bombs caused carnage in the country's capital. The "Bleeding Love" hitmaker was due to headline a celebration concert in Abuja, to mark 50 years of Nigerian independence, but the festivities were thrown into chaos following two explosions.
At least 12 people were killed and Lewis felt it was inappropriate to go ahead with the gig. In a statement, she says, "Out of respect for those victims, it is with regret that I have had to postpone my performance."
Leona Lewis is currently working on her next studio installment. It will be released as a follow-up to her 2009 "Echo" which could only peak at No. 13 on Billboard Hot 200.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed