Leona Lewis Cancels Nigerian Concert After Car Bombings
British singer Leona Lewis axed a show in Nigeria on Saturday, October 2 after two car bombs caused carnage in the country's capital. The "Bleeding Love" hitmaker was due to headline a celebration concert in Abuja, to mark 50 years of Nigerian independence, but the festivities were thrown into chaos following two explosions.
At least 12 people were killed and Lewis felt it was inappropriate to go ahead with the gig. In a statement, she says, "Out of respect for those victims, it is with regret that I have had to postpone my performance."
Leona Lewis is currently working on her next studio installment. It will be released as a follow-up to her 2009 "Echo" which could only peak at No. 13 on Billboard Hot 200.
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2