Leona Lewis Cancels Nigerian Concert After Car Bombings
British singer Leona Lewis axed a show in Nigeria on Saturday, October 2 after two car bombs caused carnage in the country's capital. The "Bleeding Love" hitmaker was due to headline a celebration concert in Abuja, to mark 50 years of Nigerian independence, but the festivities were thrown into chaos following two explosions.
At least 12 people were killed and Lewis felt it was inappropriate to go ahead with the gig. In a statement, she says, "Out of respect for those victims, it is with regret that I have had to postpone my performance."
Leona Lewis is currently working on her next studio installment. It will be released as a follow-up to her 2009 "Echo" which could only peak at No. 13 on Billboard Hot 200.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special