Leona Lewis Cancels Nigerian Concert After Car Bombings
British singer Leona Lewis axed a show in Nigeria on Saturday, October 2 after two car bombs caused carnage in the country's capital. The "Bleeding Love" hitmaker was due to headline a celebration concert in Abuja, to mark 50 years of Nigerian independence, but the festivities were thrown into chaos following two explosions.
At least 12 people were killed and Lewis felt it was inappropriate to go ahead with the gig. In a statement, she says, "Out of respect for those victims, it is with regret that I have had to postpone my performance."
Leona Lewis is currently working on her next studio installment. It will be released as a follow-up to her 2009 "Echo" which could only peak at No. 13 on Billboard Hot 200.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce