Leona Lewis Cancels Nigerian Concert After Car Bombings
British singer Leona Lewis axed a show in Nigeria on Saturday, October 2 after two car bombs caused carnage in the country's capital. The "Bleeding Love" hitmaker was due to headline a celebration concert in Abuja, to mark 50 years of Nigerian independence, but the festivities were thrown into chaos following two explosions.
At least 12 people were killed and Lewis felt it was inappropriate to go ahead with the gig. In a statement, she says, "Out of respect for those victims, it is with regret that I have had to postpone my performance."
Leona Lewis is currently working on her next studio installment. It will be released as a follow-up to her 2009 "Echo" which could only peak at No. 13 on Billboard Hot 200.
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene