'Passion' Star David Birrell Gets Serious Injury During Onstage Duel
A West End production of Stephen Sondheim's "Passion" has been suspended after an actor was accidentally shot in the face during an onstage stunt. David Birrell was admitted to hospital with a serious eye injury following the incident during Saturday's October 2 performance at the Donmar Warehouse in London.
British reports suggest there was a fault with a prop gun used on stage, which was meant to fire blanks. A spokesperson for the venue says, "During the matinee performance of Passion on Saturday David Birrell sustained an injury to his eye for which he is currently being treated in hospital.
"Our priorities are to David's well being and recovery; and to theatregoers who have purchased tickets for performances in the coming days." All shows have been axed until Wednesday, October 6 at the earliest and an investigation is ongoing.
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Debuts Chilling Motion Poster
- Orlando Bloom 'Apologizes' to Waitress Who Was Fired After Their 'Night of Incredible Sex'
- Meek Mill Celebrates Birthday on Private Jet in 'Glow Up' Music Video
- 'The Predator' and 'Alita: Battle Angel' Promo Posters Are Spotted at Licensing Expo
- Nicki Minaj Finally Responds to Nas Dating Rumors: We've Had Sleepovers
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Is Among Netflix's June 2017 Movie and TV Titles
- Bella Hadid Risks Wardrobe Malfunction in Sexy Black Gown With Sky-High Slit
- Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Identified, His Brother Arrested by Police