'Passion' Star David Birrell Gets Serious Injury During Onstage Duel
A West End production of Stephen Sondheim's "Passion" has been suspended after an actor was accidentally shot in the face during an onstage stunt. David Birrell was admitted to hospital with a serious eye injury following the incident during Saturday's October 2 performance at the Donmar Warehouse in London.
British reports suggest there was a fault with a prop gun used on stage, which was meant to fire blanks. A spokesperson for the venue says, "During the matinee performance of Passion on Saturday David Birrell sustained an injury to his eye for which he is currently being treated in hospital.
"Our priorities are to David's well being and recovery; and to theatregoers who have purchased tickets for performances in the coming days." All shows have been axed until Wednesday, October 6 at the earliest and an investigation is ongoing.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3