'Passion' Star David Birrell Gets Serious Injury During Onstage Duel
A West End production of Stephen Sondheim's "Passion" has been suspended after an actor was accidentally shot in the face during an onstage stunt. David Birrell was admitted to hospital with a serious eye injury following the incident during Saturday's October 2 performance at the Donmar Warehouse in London.
British reports suggest there was a fault with a prop gun used on stage, which was meant to fire blanks. A spokesperson for the venue says, "During the matinee performance of Passion on Saturday David Birrell sustained an injury to his eye for which he is currently being treated in hospital.
"Our priorities are to David's well being and recovery; and to theatregoers who have purchased tickets for performances in the coming days." All shows have been axed until Wednesday, October 6 at the earliest and an investigation is ongoing.
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant
- 'DWTS' Pro Cheryl Burke Is on Board for 'Dance Moms' Following Abby Lee Miller's Dramatic Exit