'Passion' Star David Birrell Gets Serious Injury During Onstage Duel
A West End production of Stephen Sondheim's "Passion" has been suspended after an actor was accidentally shot in the face during an onstage stunt. David Birrell was admitted to hospital with a serious eye injury following the incident during Saturday's October 2 performance at the Donmar Warehouse in London.
British reports suggest there was a fault with a prop gun used on stage, which was meant to fire blanks. A spokesperson for the venue says, "During the matinee performance of Passion on Saturday David Birrell sustained an injury to his eye for which he is currently being treated in hospital.
"Our priorities are to David's well being and recovery; and to theatregoers who have purchased tickets for performances in the coming days." All shows have been axed until Wednesday, October 6 at the earliest and an investigation is ongoing.
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order