Neil Patrick Harris and Lance Bass Sympathize on Dead Gay Teen
Gay stars Neil Patrick Harris and Lance Bass are the latest celebrities to reach out to their homosexual fans and urge them to stand up to bullies following a string of alleged suicides in the U.S. Lesbian comedienne Ellen DeGeneres, R&B singer Ciara and rapper Nicki Minaj have all spoken out following the death of 18-year-old Tyler Clementi, who last week jumped from the George Washington Bridge between New York and New Jersey after his college roommate allegedly posted footage of him having sex with another man online.
Now actor Harris and singer Bass have called for a stop to the tragedies, insisting dealing with your sexuality gets easier. Harris says, "If you're getting bullied and feeling like you're on the outskirts, it gets better. Because, when you get older, you find that people are actually drawn to individuals with different points of view who are proud of who they are and who make interesting and different and unique choices for them - at least I am."
Bass adds, "I was really shocked (by Tyler's death) - so many suicides so recently. You know the school year has just begun, so that obviously has something to do with it. It makes me so sad. It's an unnecessary thing to do."
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame