Travis McCoy Responds to Katy Perry's Song About Him
Rapper Travis McCoy has offered a backhanded compliment to ex-girlfriend Katy Perry for addressing their break-up in a scathing new record, insisting the star "finally has a song with some substance". The Gym Class Heroes star split from the singer last April - eight months before she became engaged to funnyman Russell Brand.
She appeared to address the break-up in a new song entitled "Circle the Drain" from her latest album, "Teenage Dream". Neither Perry or McCoy has directly addressed the song's none-too-subtle content, which features Perry singing lyrics: "You fall asleep during foreplay/ 'Cause the pills you take are more your forte...Wanna be your lover/ Not your f**king mother" and, "You think you're so rock and roll, but you're really just a joke/ Had the world in the palm of your hands/ But you f**king choked."
McCoy spoke to MTVNews.com on Friday, October 1, revealing he's never actually heard the song, but he appreciates the "I Kissed a Girl" singer seems to have addressed more serious matters in her new record. He told the website, "I heard she put out a song that's about me, or about some old habits or whatever. (And) I look at it like this: I'm just stoked that she finally has a song with some substance on her record. Good job."
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video