Travis McCoy Responds to Katy Perry's Song About Him
Rapper Travis McCoy has offered a backhanded compliment to ex-girlfriend Katy Perry for addressing their break-up in a scathing new record, insisting the star "finally has a song with some substance". The Gym Class Heroes star split from the singer last April - eight months before she became engaged to funnyman Russell Brand.
She appeared to address the break-up in a new song entitled "Circle the Drain" from her latest album, "Teenage Dream". Neither Perry or McCoy has directly addressed the song's none-too-subtle content, which features Perry singing lyrics: "You fall asleep during foreplay/ 'Cause the pills you take are more your forte...Wanna be your lover/ Not your f**king mother" and, "You think you're so rock and roll, but you're really just a joke/ Had the world in the palm of your hands/ But you f**king choked."
McCoy spoke to MTVNews.com on Friday, October 1, revealing he's never actually heard the song, but he appreciates the "I Kissed a Girl" singer seems to have addressed more serious matters in her new record. He told the website, "I heard she put out a song that's about me, or about some old habits or whatever. (And) I look at it like this: I'm just stoked that she finally has a song with some substance on her record. Good job."
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video