KT Tunstall Hates Simon Cowell's Talent Shows
Scottish singer KT Tunstall despises the way Simon Cowell has "clogged up" the music industry with TV talent show contestants - insisting it prevents other musicians from hitting the charts. The music mogul has created a TV phenomenon with his string of talent hunts on both sides of the Atlantic, with "American Idol", "The X Factor" and "America's Got Talent" all producing several recording artists every year.
But although Tunstall admits the shows make great TV, she is adamant they are having a negative impact on new artists. She tells Britain's Daily Mail, "I hate what Simon Cowell has done to the music industry because he's clogged it up with all these people and it's stopping real artists getting deals."
" 'The X Factor' isn't about music, it's about entertainment, and in that regard it's remarkable, because it brings families together in front of the television. Personally, I'd rather have stayed on the dole (welfare) than audition for a show like that, but I would perform on it because I want millions of people to hear my music. It's something I have thought long and hard about."
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell