KT Tunstall Hates Simon Cowell's Talent Shows
Scottish singer KT Tunstall despises the way Simon Cowell has "clogged up" the music industry with TV talent show contestants - insisting it prevents other musicians from hitting the charts. The music mogul has created a TV phenomenon with his string of talent hunts on both sides of the Atlantic, with "American Idol", "The X Factor" and "America's Got Talent" all producing several recording artists every year.
But although Tunstall admits the shows make great TV, she is adamant they are having a negative impact on new artists. She tells Britain's Daily Mail, "I hate what Simon Cowell has done to the music industry because he's clogged it up with all these people and it's stopping real artists getting deals."
" 'The X Factor' isn't about music, it's about entertainment, and in that regard it's remarkable, because it brings families together in front of the television. Personally, I'd rather have stayed on the dole (welfare) than audition for a show like that, but I would perform on it because I want millions of people to hear my music. It's something I have thought long and hard about."
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- Rihanna, Beyonce and More Thank Barack and Michelle Obama With Adorable Posts
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day