KT Tunstall Hates Simon Cowell's Talent Shows
Scottish singer KT Tunstall despises the way Simon Cowell has "clogged up" the music industry with TV talent show contestants - insisting it prevents other musicians from hitting the charts. The music mogul has created a TV phenomenon with his string of talent hunts on both sides of the Atlantic, with "American Idol", "The X Factor" and "America's Got Talent" all producing several recording artists every year.
But although Tunstall admits the shows make great TV, she is adamant they are having a negative impact on new artists. She tells Britain's Daily Mail, "I hate what Simon Cowell has done to the music industry because he's clogged it up with all these people and it's stopping real artists getting deals."
" 'The X Factor' isn't about music, it's about entertainment, and in that regard it's remarkable, because it brings families together in front of the television. Personally, I'd rather have stayed on the dole (welfare) than audition for a show like that, but I would perform on it because I want millions of people to hear my music. It's something I have thought long and hard about."
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction