Bruno Mars Officially Charged With Drug Possession
R&B singer Bruno Mars is facing up to four years behind bars for a felony charge of drug possession following his arrest in Las Vegas in September. The "Just the Way You Are" star was taken into custody on September 19 after a bathroom attendant at the Hard Rock Hotel spotted Mars with a bag of white powder, which tested positive for cocaine.
Mars, real name Peter Hernandez, has now been officially charged with possession of a controlled substance, which carries a maximum of four years in jail and a $5,000 fine, reports TMZ.
Mars was busted at around 2:40 A.M. at the Hard Rock hotel. Prior to the arrest, Bruno, who co-wrote B.o.B's "Nothin' on You" and Travis McCoy's "Billionaire", urged his fans to watch him performing at the hotel. He tweeted, "Come See Me @ the Hard Rock 2nite!! VEGAS!!"
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says