Bruno Mars Officially Charged With Drug Possession
R&B singer Bruno Mars is facing up to four years behind bars for a felony charge of drug possession following his arrest in Las Vegas in September. The "Just the Way You Are" star was taken into custody on September 19 after a bathroom attendant at the Hard Rock Hotel spotted Mars with a bag of white powder, which tested positive for cocaine.
Mars, real name Peter Hernandez, has now been officially charged with possession of a controlled substance, which carries a maximum of four years in jail and a $5,000 fine, reports TMZ.
Mars was busted at around 2:40 A.M. at the Hard Rock hotel. Prior to the arrest, Bruno, who co-wrote B.o.B's "Nothin' on You" and Travis McCoy's "Billionaire", urged his fans to watch him performing at the hotel. He tweeted, "Come See Me @ the Hard Rock 2nite!! VEGAS!!"
More Bruno Mars News
- Ciara Hits Recording Studio
- Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Gets New Release Date
- Report: David and Victoria Beckham Are Separating
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie