Bruno Mars Officially Charged With Drug Possession
R&B singer Bruno Mars is facing up to four years behind bars for a felony charge of drug possession following his arrest in Las Vegas in September. The "Just the Way You Are" star was taken into custody on September 19 after a bathroom attendant at the Hard Rock Hotel spotted Mars with a bag of white powder, which tested positive for cocaine.
Mars, real name Peter Hernandez, has now been officially charged with possession of a controlled substance, which carries a maximum of four years in jail and a $5,000 fine, reports TMZ.
Mars was busted at around 2:40 A.M. at the Hard Rock hotel. Prior to the arrest, Bruno, who co-wrote B.o.B's "Nothin' on You" and Travis McCoy's "Billionaire", urged his fans to watch him performing at the hotel. He tweeted, "Come See Me @ the Hard Rock 2nite!! VEGAS!!"
More Bruno Mars News
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert