Bruno Mars Officially Charged With Drug Possession
R&B singer Bruno Mars is facing up to four years behind bars for a felony charge of drug possession following his arrest in Las Vegas in September. The "Just the Way You Are" star was taken into custody on September 19 after a bathroom attendant at the Hard Rock Hotel spotted Mars with a bag of white powder, which tested positive for cocaine.
Mars, real name Peter Hernandez, has now been officially charged with possession of a controlled substance, which carries a maximum of four years in jail and a $5,000 fine, reports TMZ.
Mars was busted at around 2:40 A.M. at the Hard Rock hotel. Prior to the arrest, Bruno, who co-wrote B.o.B's "Nothin' on You" and Travis McCoy's "Billionaire", urged his fans to watch him performing at the hotel. He tweeted, "Come See Me @ the Hard Rock 2nite!! VEGAS!!"
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free
- Britney Spears Recalls Being on 'Awkward' Dates, Says 'Being Famous Doesn't Make You Any Different'
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami