J.K. Rowling: I Turned Down Michael Jackson's Proposal for 'Harry Potter' Musical
Michael Jackson once approached J.K. Rowling with plans to turn her "Harry Potter" stories into a stage musical but his idea was snubbed because the author was not convinced it would be a success. Rowling's series of books have been brought to life on the big screen and even inspired its very own theme park in Orlando, Florida - but the Brit reveals there was one big proposal she rejected, even though it came from the King of Pop himself.
In a candid new interview with talk show queen Oprah Winfrey, which aired in the U.S. on Friday, October 1, she says, "Michael Jackson wanted to do a musical."
"I said no to a lot of things. For me, I love the films, I love the books, and there's elements that I love around it... like the theme park. But I only wanted to do it because I knew it would be incredible."
More Michael Jackson News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season