J.K. Rowling: I Turned Down Michael Jackson's Proposal for 'Harry Potter' Musical
Michael Jackson once approached J.K. Rowling with plans to turn her "Harry Potter" stories into a stage musical but his idea was snubbed because the author was not convinced it would be a success. Rowling's series of books have been brought to life on the big screen and even inspired its very own theme park in Orlando, Florida - but the Brit reveals there was one big proposal she rejected, even though it came from the King of Pop himself.
In a candid new interview with talk show queen Oprah Winfrey, which aired in the U.S. on Friday, October 1, she says, "Michael Jackson wanted to do a musical."
"I said no to a lot of things. For me, I love the films, I love the books, and there's elements that I love around it... like the theme park. But I only wanted to do it because I knew it would be incredible."
More Michael Jackson News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!