J.K. Rowling: I Turned Down Michael Jackson's Proposal for 'Harry Potter' Musical
Michael Jackson once approached J.K. Rowling with plans to turn her "Harry Potter" stories into a stage musical but his idea was snubbed because the author was not convinced it would be a success. Rowling's series of books have been brought to life on the big screen and even inspired its very own theme park in Orlando, Florida - but the Brit reveals there was one big proposal she rejected, even though it came from the King of Pop himself.
In a candid new interview with talk show queen Oprah Winfrey, which aired in the U.S. on Friday, October 1, she says, "Michael Jackson wanted to do a musical."
"I said no to a lot of things. For me, I love the films, I love the books, and there's elements that I love around it... like the theme park. But I only wanted to do it because I knew it would be incredible."
More Michael Jackson News
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?