J.K. Rowling: I Turned Down Michael Jackson's Proposal for 'Harry Potter' Musical
Michael Jackson once approached J.K. Rowling with plans to turn her "Harry Potter" stories into a stage musical but his idea was snubbed because the author was not convinced it would be a success. Rowling's series of books have been brought to life on the big screen and even inspired its very own theme park in Orlando, Florida - but the Brit reveals there was one big proposal she rejected, even though it came from the King of Pop himself.
In a candid new interview with talk show queen Oprah Winfrey, which aired in the U.S. on Friday, October 1, she says, "Michael Jackson wanted to do a musical."
"I said no to a lot of things. For me, I love the films, I love the books, and there's elements that I love around it... like the theme park. But I only wanted to do it because I knew it would be incredible."
More Michael Jackson News
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role
- FOX Sets Fall Premiere Dates for 'The Orville', 'Empire' and More
- Miranda Lambert Enjoys Singing About Heartbreak After Split From Blake Shelton
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Cleavage in New Instagram Pics
- Does Rae Sremmurd Break Up? Swae Lee Tries 'to Steal All the Shine' From Slim Jimmy
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!