J.K. Rowling: I Turned Down Michael Jackson's Proposal for 'Harry Potter' Musical
Michael Jackson once approached J.K. Rowling with plans to turn her "Harry Potter" stories into a stage musical but his idea was snubbed because the author was not convinced it would be a success. Rowling's series of books have been brought to life on the big screen and even inspired its very own theme park in Orlando, Florida - but the Brit reveals there was one big proposal she rejected, even though it came from the King of Pop himself.
In a candid new interview with talk show queen Oprah Winfrey, which aired in the U.S. on Friday, October 1, she says, "Michael Jackson wanted to do a musical."
"I said no to a lot of things. For me, I love the films, I love the books, and there's elements that I love around it... like the theme park. But I only wanted to do it because I knew it would be incredible."
More Michael Jackson News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert