Jennifer Lopez Producing New Comedy Series About Latina Nanny
Jennifer Lopez is preparing to dominate U.S. TV next year - the newly-crowned "American Idol" judge is also producing a new comedy series about life as a Latina nanny. The "I'm Real" hitmaker got her start on the small screen, featuring in hit shows "In Living Color" and "Second Chances".
Fox network bosses revealed in September she was to make her TV return as a new panelist on "American Idol", next to Aerosmith rocker Steven Tyler and returning judge Randy Jackson, when the new season of the show premieres in January 2011.
But that's not all Lopez will be working on - she's helping to create a new series for the ABC network, about three branches of an extended Los Angeles family - as told through the eyes of their three Latina nannies.
The Puerto Rican star will co-executive produce the as-yet-untitled series through her company, Nuyorican Productions, reports Variety. However, it is not yet known if Lopez will feature in the show. A premiere date for the new series has yet to be announced.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna