Confirmed, Tony Curtis' Private Memorial Service Planned for Monday
Hollywood legend Tony Curtis will be honored by close friends and family at a private memorial service in Las Vegas on Monday, October 4. The "Some Like It Hot" star passed away on Wednesday, September 29 after suffering a cardiac arrest. He is survived by his sixth wife Jill Vandenberg Curtis, who he wed in 1998, and his five children, including actress Jamie Lee Curtis.
Jamie Lee delivered a touching tribute to her father following the tragedy, insisting his legacy will live on through his "great performances". And the family will gather to pay tribute to the star in a small ceremony next week, reports CNN.
The service will take place at 11 A.M. at the Palm Mortuary and Cemetery, Green Valley, funeral spokesperson Cecelia Jackson has confirmed. In lieu of flowers, the Curtis family has requested that charitable donations be made to Shiloh Horse Rescue, which helps "abused, unwanted, neglected, and slaughter bound horses of all types", according to the actor's manager, Mike Einfeld.
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards