Confirmed, Tony Curtis' Private Memorial Service Planned for Monday
Hollywood legend Tony Curtis will be honored by close friends and family at a private memorial service in Las Vegas on Monday, October 4. The "Some Like It Hot" star passed away on Wednesday, September 29 after suffering a cardiac arrest. He is survived by his sixth wife Jill Vandenberg Curtis, who he wed in 1998, and his five children, including actress Jamie Lee Curtis.
Jamie Lee delivered a touching tribute to her father following the tragedy, insisting his legacy will live on through his "great performances". And the family will gather to pay tribute to the star in a small ceremony next week, reports CNN.
The service will take place at 11 A.M. at the Palm Mortuary and Cemetery, Green Valley, funeral spokesperson Cecelia Jackson has confirmed. In lieu of flowers, the Curtis family has requested that charitable donations be made to Shiloh Horse Rescue, which helps "abused, unwanted, neglected, and slaughter bound horses of all types", according to the actor's manager, Mike Einfeld.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist