Confirmed, Tony Curtis' Private Memorial Service Planned for Monday
Hollywood legend Tony Curtis will be honored by close friends and family at a private memorial service in Las Vegas on Monday, October 4. The "Some Like It Hot" star passed away on Wednesday, September 29 after suffering a cardiac arrest. He is survived by his sixth wife Jill Vandenberg Curtis, who he wed in 1998, and his five children, including actress Jamie Lee Curtis.
Jamie Lee delivered a touching tribute to her father following the tragedy, insisting his legacy will live on through his "great performances". And the family will gather to pay tribute to the star in a small ceremony next week, reports CNN.
The service will take place at 11 A.M. at the Palm Mortuary and Cemetery, Green Valley, funeral spokesperson Cecelia Jackson has confirmed. In lieu of flowers, the Curtis family has requested that charitable donations be made to Shiloh Horse Rescue, which helps "abused, unwanted, neglected, and slaughter bound horses of all types", according to the actor's manager, Mike Einfeld.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris