Confirmed, Tony Curtis' Private Memorial Service Planned for Monday
Hollywood legend Tony Curtis will be honored by close friends and family at a private memorial service in Las Vegas on Monday, October 4. The "Some Like It Hot" star passed away on Wednesday, September 29 after suffering a cardiac arrest. He is survived by his sixth wife Jill Vandenberg Curtis, who he wed in 1998, and his five children, including actress Jamie Lee Curtis.
Jamie Lee delivered a touching tribute to her father following the tragedy, insisting his legacy will live on through his "great performances". And the family will gather to pay tribute to the star in a small ceremony next week, reports CNN.
The service will take place at 11 A.M. at the Palm Mortuary and Cemetery, Green Valley, funeral spokesperson Cecelia Jackson has confirmed. In lieu of flowers, the Curtis family has requested that charitable donations be made to Shiloh Horse Rescue, which helps "abused, unwanted, neglected, and slaughter bound horses of all types", according to the actor's manager, Mike Einfeld.
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts