T.I. and Wife to Raise Money in Honor of His Late Father
T.I. is hoping to put his legal issues behind him this weekend by hosting a charity dinner in honor of his late father, who suffered from Alzheimer's disease. The rapper's dad, Clifford Harris, Sr., passed away from complications relating to the illness and his father-in-law Charles Pope - wife Tameka Cottle's dad - is also a sufferer.
The couple will host a luncheon in Atlanta, Georgia on Sunday, October 3 to raise money for Alzheimer's victims through their For the Love of Our Fathers Foundation. The event will launch the charity's website and officially announce an upcoming benefit concert.
Cottle tells Allhiphop.com, "The name (of the charity) comes from the fact that my father Charles Pope suffers from Alzheimer's disease and Clifford's father, Clifford Harris, Sr., died from it... Our foundation is based on the belief that everyone's needs are of the utmost importance."
T.I. - real name Clifford Harris, Jr. - and Cottle were both arrested last month on drug possession charges after a police officer allegedly found marijuana in their car. The arrest came just months after the hip-hop star was released from prison after serving out his sentence for on gun charges.
More T.I. News
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs