T.I. and Wife to Raise Money in Honor of His Late Father
T.I. is hoping to put his legal issues behind him this weekend by hosting a charity dinner in honor of his late father, who suffered from Alzheimer's disease. The rapper's dad, Clifford Harris, Sr., passed away from complications relating to the illness and his father-in-law Charles Pope - wife Tameka Cottle's dad - is also a sufferer.
The couple will host a luncheon in Atlanta, Georgia on Sunday, October 3 to raise money for Alzheimer's victims through their For the Love of Our Fathers Foundation. The event will launch the charity's website and officially announce an upcoming benefit concert.
Cottle tells Allhiphop.com, "The name (of the charity) comes from the fact that my father Charles Pope suffers from Alzheimer's disease and Clifford's father, Clifford Harris, Sr., died from it... Our foundation is based on the belief that everyone's needs are of the utmost importance."
T.I. - real name Clifford Harris, Jr. - and Cottle were both arrested last month on drug possession charges after a police officer allegedly found marijuana in their car. The arrest came just months after the hip-hop star was released from prison after serving out his sentence for on gun charges.
More T.I. News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal