Matt Dillon Files Lawsuit Over 'Crash' Profit
Hollywood actor Matt Dillon has filed suit against the producers of Oscar-winning movie "Crash" over allegations he was cheated out of $100,000 in profits. Dillon appeared in the 2004 film alongside a star-studded cast including Sandra Bullock, Brendan Fraser, Don Cheadle and Thandie Newton, and the movie went on to win three Academy Awards, including the coveted Best Picture prize.
But Dillon claims he wasn't properly paid for his role in the film, which grossed around $98 million worldwide, and only found out when his accountants discovered an inaccuracy during a 2006 audit of his company's finances.
Dillon's attorneys filed a lawsuit at Los Angeles Superior Court on Thursday, September 30, claiming the star is owed at least $100,000, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The papers allege "Crash" 's executive producer Bob Yari and others "deliberately authorized (movie bosses) to apply an incorrect formula for the calculation of (Dillon's) contingent compensation."
"Crash" has been at the center of several lawsuits overs the last few years - Yari filed suit against executives at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences shortly before the 2005 Oscars, claiming he had been unfairly denied a producer credit on the film.
In 2007 another star of the film, Brendan Fraser, sued along with director Paul Haggis and co-writer Bobby Moresco alleging they had been denied their fair share of the profits.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl