Matt Dillon Files Lawsuit Over 'Crash' Profit
Hollywood actor Matt Dillon has filed suit against the producers of Oscar-winning movie "Crash" over allegations he was cheated out of $100,000 in profits. Dillon appeared in the 2004 film alongside a star-studded cast including Sandra Bullock, Brendan Fraser, Don Cheadle and Thandie Newton, and the movie went on to win three Academy Awards, including the coveted Best Picture prize.
But Dillon claims he wasn't properly paid for his role in the film, which grossed around $98 million worldwide, and only found out when his accountants discovered an inaccuracy during a 2006 audit of his company's finances.
Dillon's attorneys filed a lawsuit at Los Angeles Superior Court on Thursday, September 30, claiming the star is owed at least $100,000, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The papers allege "Crash" 's executive producer Bob Yari and others "deliberately authorized (movie bosses) to apply an incorrect formula for the calculation of (Dillon's) contingent compensation."
"Crash" has been at the center of several lawsuits overs the last few years - Yari filed suit against executives at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences shortly before the 2005 Oscars, claiming he had been unfairly denied a producer credit on the film.
In 2007 another star of the film, Brendan Fraser, sued along with director Paul Haggis and co-writer Bobby Moresco alleging they had been denied their fair share of the profits.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?