Gemma Arterton's Grandma Died of Self Inflicted Wound
Gemma Arterton's grandmother killed herself with a kitchen knife while suffering from depression and bipolar disorder, an inquest has heard. Helen Sarfas, 70, was found dead at her home in Kent, England in January and initial police reports suggested the knife wounds had been self-inflicted.
Coroner Roger Sykes has now given a primary conclusion insisting it is "clear beyond any doubt" that Sarfas stabbed herself. At the inquest Sykes said, "It is clear beyond any doubt whatsoever that the wounds were self-inflicted. Therefore it follows that my primary conclusion is that she took her own life."
"Relevant background issues should be factored into the conclusion. They concern both her physical and mental health. I can only reach the conclusion she took her life because the physical pain and depression became too much."
Following the inquest, Arterton's relatives refused to comment, saying, "It's a private family matter." Shortly after the tragedy, the "Quantum of Solace" actress said, "My nan, God bless her soul, was quite delusional before she died."
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle