Gemma Arterton's Grandma Died of Self Inflicted Wound
Gemma Arterton's grandmother killed herself with a kitchen knife while suffering from depression and bipolar disorder, an inquest has heard. Helen Sarfas, 70, was found dead at her home in Kent, England in January and initial police reports suggested the knife wounds had been self-inflicted.
Coroner Roger Sykes has now given a primary conclusion insisting it is "clear beyond any doubt" that Sarfas stabbed herself. At the inquest Sykes said, "It is clear beyond any doubt whatsoever that the wounds were self-inflicted. Therefore it follows that my primary conclusion is that she took her own life."
"Relevant background issues should be factored into the conclusion. They concern both her physical and mental health. I can only reach the conclusion she took her life because the physical pain and depression became too much."
Following the inquest, Arterton's relatives refused to comment, saying, "It's a private family matter." Shortly after the tragedy, the "Quantum of Solace" actress said, "My nan, God bless her soul, was quite delusional before she died."
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video