Gemma Arterton's Grandma Died of Self Inflicted Wound
Gemma Arterton's grandmother killed herself with a kitchen knife while suffering from depression and bipolar disorder, an inquest has heard. Helen Sarfas, 70, was found dead at her home in Kent, England in January and initial police reports suggested the knife wounds had been self-inflicted.
Coroner Roger Sykes has now given a primary conclusion insisting it is "clear beyond any doubt" that Sarfas stabbed herself. At the inquest Sykes said, "It is clear beyond any doubt whatsoever that the wounds were self-inflicted. Therefore it follows that my primary conclusion is that she took her own life."
"Relevant background issues should be factored into the conclusion. They concern both her physical and mental health. I can only reach the conclusion she took her life because the physical pain and depression became too much."
Following the inquest, Arterton's relatives refused to comment, saying, "It's a private family matter." Shortly after the tragedy, the "Quantum of Solace" actress said, "My nan, God bless her soul, was quite delusional before she died."
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- 'Deadpool 2': Find Out Details of Tim Miller's Disagreements With Ryan Reynolds That Led to His Exit
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated