Paul McCartney Sent Jailed George Michael a Letter
Sir Paul McCartney has sent a handwritten letter to his incarcerated pal George Michael to help the singer through his current jail stint, according to a U.K. report. The former Wham! star has been behind bars since September 14, when he was jailed for possession of cannabis and driving under the influence of drugs following a car crash in north London in July.
And The Beatles legend, who himself spent 10 days in prison in 1980 for cannabis possession, has reportedly offered Michael his support by sending a personal message. A source tells Britain's The Sun, "He (Michael) got the letter on Monday and was really chuffed. Sir Paul said he would see him soon and told George to keep his chin up. The letter was two pages long and George read it over and over again."
More Paul McCartney News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March