Lindsay Lohan's Dad Wants Her Out of Rehab
Lindsay Lohan's father Michael wants the actress to be moved to a different rehabilitation centre - because he's convinced she won't recover if she's still given prescription medication. The "Mean Girls" star checked into the Betty Ford treatment clinic in southern California on Tuesday, September 28, four days after posting $300,000 (bail to walk free from jail after failing two mandatory drug tests.
But Michael Lohan, who has previously been treated at the same center, is adamant the actress won't overcome her drug issues unless she is moved to a more strict facility. And he's particularly concerned because late model/actress Anna Nicole Smith, who died in 2007 from a prescription drug overdose, also tried to overcome her problems at Betty Ford unsuccessfully.
He tells UsMagazine.com, "Look at the 'short' list of people who went to Betty Ford - most, if not all, have relapsed. I went there myself, and I will tell you, Betty Ford is a country club. They administer prescription meds and even put their patients on prescription meds. Once more, they don't have family therapy at all. The root of her problems is her family. This will not work - mark my words!"
Lohan insists he's relieved "to know Lindsay is in a safe place and away from her enablers" but adds, "If Betty Ford gives her any prescription drugs, they become another enabler. Back to square one!"
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2