Lindsay Lohan's Dad Wants Her Out of Rehab
Lindsay Lohan's father Michael wants the actress to be moved to a different rehabilitation centre - because he's convinced she won't recover if she's still given prescription medication. The "Mean Girls" star checked into the Betty Ford treatment clinic in southern California on Tuesday, September 28, four days after posting $300,000 (bail to walk free from jail after failing two mandatory drug tests.
But Michael Lohan, who has previously been treated at the same center, is adamant the actress won't overcome her drug issues unless she is moved to a more strict facility. And he's particularly concerned because late model/actress Anna Nicole Smith, who died in 2007 from a prescription drug overdose, also tried to overcome her problems at Betty Ford unsuccessfully.
He tells UsMagazine.com, "Look at the 'short' list of people who went to Betty Ford - most, if not all, have relapsed. I went there myself, and I will tell you, Betty Ford is a country club. They administer prescription meds and even put their patients on prescription meds. Once more, they don't have family therapy at all. The root of her problems is her family. This will not work - mark my words!"
Lohan insists he's relieved "to know Lindsay is in a safe place and away from her enablers" but adds, "If Betty Ford gives her any prescription drugs, they become another enabler. Back to square one!"
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- 'Logan' Reveals First Look at Richard E. Grant's Zander Rice
- Candace Cameron Exits 'The View' Because of 'Fuller House'
- First Look at Dinozords Unveiled in 'Power Rangers' Poster
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'