Ringo Starr's Former Home Vandalized for Souvenir
Ringo Starr's former home has been targeted by vandals who have ripped off parts of the brickwork as mementos of the The Beatles legend. Fans of the Fab Four were left fuming earlier this year when it was announced that officials in the musician's hometown of Liverpool, England plan to demolish the property where Starr was born.
Campaigners have appealed for the house to be preserved, but now face further woes after discovering chunks of the structure have been defaced or removed. Chairman of the Save Madryn Street campaign, Philip Coppell, tells Britain's Daily Express, "We have support from fans all over the world who want to see 9 Madryn Street preserved. But a handful have engaged in wanton vandalism, taking hammers and chisels to the brickwork."
"We are appealing to fans not to damage the house so we can have a chance to preserve it for everyone."
More Ringo Starr News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame