Ringo Starr's Former Home Vandalized for Souvenir
Ringo Starr's former home has been targeted by vandals who have ripped off parts of the brickwork as mementos of the The Beatles legend. Fans of the Fab Four were left fuming earlier this year when it was announced that officials in the musician's hometown of Liverpool, England plan to demolish the property where Starr was born.
Campaigners have appealed for the house to be preserved, but now face further woes after discovering chunks of the structure have been defaced or removed. Chairman of the Save Madryn Street campaign, Philip Coppell, tells Britain's Daily Express, "We have support from fans all over the world who want to see 9 Madryn Street preserved. But a handful have engaged in wanton vandalism, taking hammers and chisels to the brickwork."
"We are appealing to fans not to damage the house so we can have a chance to preserve it for everyone."
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors