Ringo Starr's Former Home Vandalized for Souvenir
Ringo Starr's former home has been targeted by vandals who have ripped off parts of the brickwork as mementos of the The Beatles legend. Fans of the Fab Four were left fuming earlier this year when it was announced that officials in the musician's hometown of Liverpool, England plan to demolish the property where Starr was born.
Campaigners have appealed for the house to be preserved, but now face further woes after discovering chunks of the structure have been defaced or removed. Chairman of the Save Madryn Street campaign, Philip Coppell, tells Britain's Daily Express, "We have support from fans all over the world who want to see 9 Madryn Street preserved. But a handful have engaged in wanton vandalism, taking hammers and chisels to the brickwork."
"We are appealing to fans not to damage the house so we can have a chance to preserve it for everyone."
More Ringo Starr News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris