Ringo Starr's Former Home Vandalized for Souvenir
Ringo Starr's former home has been targeted by vandals who have ripped off parts of the brickwork as mementos of the The Beatles legend. Fans of the Fab Four were left fuming earlier this year when it was announced that officials in the musician's hometown of Liverpool, England plan to demolish the property where Starr was born.
Campaigners have appealed for the house to be preserved, but now face further woes after discovering chunks of the structure have been defaced or removed. Chairman of the Save Madryn Street campaign, Philip Coppell, tells Britain's Daily Express, "We have support from fans all over the world who want to see 9 Madryn Street preserved. But a handful have engaged in wanton vandalism, taking hammers and chisels to the brickwork."
"We are appealing to fans not to damage the house so we can have a chance to preserve it for everyone."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked