Lady GaGa Invited for Dinner by PETA President
Lady GaGa has been invited to dine with PETA President Ingrid Newkirk - so she can explain the idea behind the meat dress she wore at the MTV Video Music Awards. The animal rights group officials have been critical of GaGa's fleshy fashion choice and they're unclear as to the idea behind the dress, which was made from real hides.
The pop star has explained she donned the gown, which came with a "beef clutch" and a headpiece, to make the point that she's not "a piece of meat". But PETA chief Newkirk isn't happy.
A spokeswoman tells WENN, "Ingrid did send Lady GaGa a private letter inviting her to a vegan dinner. We know her to be a kind person from her previous anti-fur statements, and we hope that she takes Ms. Newkirk up on the offer."
More Lady GaGa News
- 'Simpsons' Creator Matt Groening's New Animated Show 'Disenchantment' Coming to Netflix
- Robert Pattinson Addresses Relationship With FKA twigs: We're Still 'Kind of' Engaged
- Meghan Markle Wants to Have Twins With Prince Harry
- Did Justin Bieber Cancel Tour Due to Religious Reasons?
- Leonardo DiCaprio Brings 'The Right Stuff' TV Adaptation to National Geographic
- Is Celine Dion Dating Backup Dancer Pepe Munoz?
- 'Wonder Woman 2' Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Kristen Stewart and Stella Maxwell Crash a Same-Sex Wedding to Everyone's Delight