Lady GaGa Invited for Dinner by PETA President
Lady GaGa has been invited to dine with PETA President Ingrid Newkirk - so she can explain the idea behind the meat dress she wore at the MTV Video Music Awards. The animal rights group officials have been critical of GaGa's fleshy fashion choice and they're unclear as to the idea behind the dress, which was made from real hides.
The pop star has explained she donned the gown, which came with a "beef clutch" and a headpiece, to make the point that she's not "a piece of meat". But PETA chief Newkirk isn't happy.
A spokeswoman tells WENN, "Ingrid did send Lady GaGa a private letter inviting her to a vegan dinner. We know her to be a kind person from her previous anti-fur statements, and we hope that she takes Ms. Newkirk up on the offer."
More Lady GaGa News
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'
- Chloe Moretz: 'I Wanted a Boob Job and Butt Reduction' at Age 16
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Talk About Building a Future and Having Kids Together
- Check Out These New 'Fast 8' Ice Cars From Iceland Set
- Kelly Clarkson Signs With Atlantic Records, Readies Soul Album for Next Year
- Jesse Is Back on 'The Flash' in Season 3. Will She Turn Into Speedster?
- Justin Bieber Sprains His Ankle After Basketball Game, Tells Fans Not to Worry