Lady GaGa Invited for Dinner by PETA President
Lady GaGa has been invited to dine with PETA President Ingrid Newkirk - so she can explain the idea behind the meat dress she wore at the MTV Video Music Awards. The animal rights group officials have been critical of GaGa's fleshy fashion choice and they're unclear as to the idea behind the dress, which was made from real hides.
The pop star has explained she donned the gown, which came with a "beef clutch" and a headpiece, to make the point that she's not "a piece of meat". But PETA chief Newkirk isn't happy.
A spokeswoman tells WENN, "Ingrid did send Lady GaGa a private letter inviting her to a vegan dinner. We know her to be a kind person from her previous anti-fur statements, and we hope that she takes Ms. Newkirk up on the offer."
More Lady GaGa News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'