Lady GaGa Invited for Dinner by PETA President
Lady GaGa has been invited to dine with PETA President Ingrid Newkirk - so she can explain the idea behind the meat dress she wore at the MTV Video Music Awards. The animal rights group officials have been critical of GaGa's fleshy fashion choice and they're unclear as to the idea behind the dress, which was made from real hides.
The pop star has explained she donned the gown, which came with a "beef clutch" and a headpiece, to make the point that she's not "a piece of meat". But PETA chief Newkirk isn't happy.
A spokeswoman tells WENN, "Ingrid did send Lady GaGa a private letter inviting her to a vegan dinner. We know her to be a kind person from her previous anti-fur statements, and we hope that she takes Ms. Newkirk up on the offer."
More Lady GaGa News
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months