Lady GaGa Invited for Dinner by PETA President
Lady GaGa has been invited to dine with PETA President Ingrid Newkirk - so she can explain the idea behind the meat dress she wore at the MTV Video Music Awards. The animal rights group officials have been critical of GaGa's fleshy fashion choice and they're unclear as to the idea behind the dress, which was made from real hides.
The pop star has explained she donned the gown, which came with a "beef clutch" and a headpiece, to make the point that she's not "a piece of meat". But PETA chief Newkirk isn't happy.
A spokeswoman tells WENN, "Ingrid did send Lady GaGa a private letter inviting her to a vegan dinner. We know her to be a kind person from her previous anti-fur statements, and we hope that she takes Ms. Newkirk up on the offer."
More Lady GaGa News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked