Lady GaGa Invited for Dinner by PETA President
Lady GaGa has been invited to dine with PETA President Ingrid Newkirk - so she can explain the idea behind the meat dress she wore at the MTV Video Music Awards. The animal rights group officials have been critical of GaGa's fleshy fashion choice and they're unclear as to the idea behind the dress, which was made from real hides.
The pop star has explained she donned the gown, which came with a "beef clutch" and a headpiece, to make the point that she's not "a piece of meat". But PETA chief Newkirk isn't happy.
A spokeswoman tells WENN, "Ingrid did send Lady GaGa a private letter inviting her to a vegan dinner. We know her to be a kind person from her previous anti-fur statements, and we hope that she takes Ms. Newkirk up on the offer."
More Lady GaGa News
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'Looking to Buy a Place' in America
- Iggy Azalea Responds to Odell Beckham Jr. Dating Rumors: I Don't Even Know Him
- Will Kourtney Kardashian's New Boy Toy Younes Bendjima Replace Scott Disick on 'KUWTK'?
- Listen to Sia's Powerful Anthem 'To Be Human' From 'Wonder Woman' Soundtrack
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Vampire Nicki Minaj Sexily Licks Bella Hadid's Neck at AmfAR Gala in Cannes