Taylor Swift Pleased to Have Brought Closure on Kanye West Ordeal at VMAs
Taylor Swift's heartfelt song about her 2009 MTV Video Music Awards clash with Kanye West, which she performed at this year's prizegiving, has helped her turn her back on the incident. The country star was left red-faced a year ago when West ruined her magic moment by storming the stage to protest her Best Female Video win.
Swift returned to the event this year and agreed to perform a dramatic new song she wrote in the wake of the controversy, in which she sang "Guess you really did it this time..." And the star is pleased she plucked up the courage to perform the track, "Innocent", because now she can finally move on from the controversy.
She says, "For me, I felt like performing (at the) VMAs was the best way to go out there and sing how I was actually feeling, being there really helped put all that behind me. I have a lot (of) fun doing this and getting to write songs about what happens in my life, but putting it all out there in your music - all the details - you're taking a chance with that because you are very vulnerable."
More Taylor Swift News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered