Taylor Swift Pleased to Have Brought Closure on Kanye West Ordeal at VMAs
Taylor Swift's heartfelt song about her 2009 MTV Video Music Awards clash with Kanye West, which she performed at this year's prizegiving, has helped her turn her back on the incident. The country star was left red-faced a year ago when West ruined her magic moment by storming the stage to protest her Best Female Video win.
Swift returned to the event this year and agreed to perform a dramatic new song she wrote in the wake of the controversy, in which she sang "Guess you really did it this time..." And the star is pleased she plucked up the courage to perform the track, "Innocent", because now she can finally move on from the controversy.
She says, "For me, I felt like performing (at the) VMAs was the best way to go out there and sing how I was actually feeling, being there really helped put all that behind me. I have a lot (of) fun doing this and getting to write songs about what happens in my life, but putting it all out there in your music - all the details - you're taking a chance with that because you are very vulnerable."
More Taylor Swift News
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'
- Gigi Hadid Blames Meds for Skinnier Figure, Announces Social Media Break Over the Holidays
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt While Celebrating Birthday With Meek Mill
- 'La La Land' and 'Arrival' Among AFI's Top Ten Movies of 2016
- Donald Trump Is Still Involved in 'The Apprentice' After All
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson