Taylor Swift Pleased to Have Brought Closure on Kanye West Ordeal at VMAs
Taylor Swift's heartfelt song about her 2009 MTV Video Music Awards clash with Kanye West, which she performed at this year's prizegiving, has helped her turn her back on the incident. The country star was left red-faced a year ago when West ruined her magic moment by storming the stage to protest her Best Female Video win.
Swift returned to the event this year and agreed to perform a dramatic new song she wrote in the wake of the controversy, in which she sang "Guess you really did it this time..." And the star is pleased she plucked up the courage to perform the track, "Innocent", because now she can finally move on from the controversy.
She says, "For me, I felt like performing (at the) VMAs was the best way to go out there and sing how I was actually feeling, being there really helped put all that behind me. I have a lot (of) fun doing this and getting to write songs about what happens in my life, but putting it all out there in your music - all the details - you're taking a chance with that because you are very vulnerable."
More Taylor Swift News
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates