Taylor Swift Pleased to Have Brought Closure on Kanye West Ordeal at VMAs
Taylor Swift's heartfelt song about her 2009 MTV Video Music Awards clash with Kanye West, which she performed at this year's prizegiving, has helped her turn her back on the incident. The country star was left red-faced a year ago when West ruined her magic moment by storming the stage to protest her Best Female Video win.
Swift returned to the event this year and agreed to perform a dramatic new song she wrote in the wake of the controversy, in which she sang "Guess you really did it this time..." And the star is pleased she plucked up the courage to perform the track, "Innocent", because now she can finally move on from the controversy.
She says, "For me, I felt like performing (at the) VMAs was the best way to go out there and sing how I was actually feeling, being there really helped put all that behind me. I have a lot (of) fun doing this and getting to write songs about what happens in my life, but putting it all out there in your music - all the details - you're taking a chance with that because you are very vulnerable."
More Taylor Swift News
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment