Sigourney Weaver Urges Four Seasons Hotel to Serve Guests With Paper Cup
Sigourney Weaver is urging hotels she conducts press interviews in to be greener - and provide water urns and paper cups instead of bottles. The actress is a keen environmentalist and she was horrified when she showed up for a recent press junket at the Four Seasons hotel in Beverly Hills to find a table full of plastic water bottles.
She says, "We need to wrap our arms around our planet and take care of her before it gets too far because I think we are really pushing it. This hotel should not be having bottles of water everywhere. They should have nice big urns of water and we all use paper cups."
The "Alien" star is so worried about the state of the planet, she's considering drastically changing her diet and has already cut down on her fish consumption. She adds, "I try to eat organic and I'm trying to learn more about vegan stuff but I'm afraid I'm kind of a carnivore. I am worried about our fish in the ocean. I love fish; I try not to eat them now because I'm so worried that the populations are being decimated by our huge corporate fisher people."
- Angelina Jolie Backtracks Her Comment After She's Warned to Stop Trashing Brad Pitt
- Never-Before-Seen Footage of Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Surfaces
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order