Dad Continues to Act as Britney Spears' Legal Guardian
A Los Angeles judge has ruled Britney Spears' legal and business affairs will remain under the control of her father following a hearing into the pop star's conservatorship. The "Toxic" singer and her father Jamie Spears met with Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Reba Goetz on Thursday, September 30 for a progress report relating to the order, which has been in place since the singer suffered a breakdown and was hospitalized on an involuntary psychiatric hold in 2008.
According to TMZ, the judge had discussed ending the conservatorship with the pop star's lawyers at previous meetings, but has agreed that it's best Jamie continues to act as his daughter's legal guardian for the immediate future.
After the private meetings with Spears and her father, the judge told the court, "At this time all orders will remain in full force and effect." A court date to re-evaluate the possibility of Spears regaining control of her estate has yet to be announced.
More Britney Spears News
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton