Dad Continues to Act as Britney Spears' Legal Guardian
A Los Angeles judge has ruled Britney Spears' legal and business affairs will remain under the control of her father following a hearing into the pop star's conservatorship. The "Toxic" singer and her father Jamie Spears met with Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Reba Goetz on Thursday, September 30 for a progress report relating to the order, which has been in place since the singer suffered a breakdown and was hospitalized on an involuntary psychiatric hold in 2008.
According to TMZ, the judge had discussed ending the conservatorship with the pop star's lawyers at previous meetings, but has agreed that it's best Jamie continues to act as his daughter's legal guardian for the immediate future.
After the private meetings with Spears and her father, the judge told the court, "At this time all orders will remain in full force and effect." A court date to re-evaluate the possibility of Spears regaining control of her estate has yet to be announced.
More Britney Spears News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story