Dad Continues to Act as Britney Spears' Legal Guardian
A Los Angeles judge has ruled Britney Spears' legal and business affairs will remain under the control of her father following a hearing into the pop star's conservatorship. The "Toxic" singer and her father Jamie Spears met with Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Reba Goetz on Thursday, September 30 for a progress report relating to the order, which has been in place since the singer suffered a breakdown and was hospitalized on an involuntary psychiatric hold in 2008.
According to TMZ, the judge had discussed ending the conservatorship with the pop star's lawyers at previous meetings, but has agreed that it's best Jamie continues to act as his daughter's legal guardian for the immediate future.
After the private meetings with Spears and her father, the judge told the court, "At this time all orders will remain in full force and effect." A court date to re-evaluate the possibility of Spears regaining control of her estate has yet to be announced.
More Britney Spears News
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune