Wyclef Jean to Run for Haiti Presidency in 2015 Election
Rapper Wyclef Jean is refusing to give up on his dream of becoming president of his native Haiti and is planning to run for office again in the 2015 election. The Fugees star, who lives primarily in the U.S., was ruled out of the political race in August after Haitian lawmakers decided he did not meet the necessary residency requirements to be considered eligible for the upcoming November vote.
Jean officially withdrew his candidacy for the presidency last week, on September 21, but he insists he's not quitting politics altogether - he is eying a return in five years' time.
He tells Hip-Hop Weekly, "I'm not a quitter, and the most important thing for me is, I think, to move Haiti forward, it's gonna take modern thinking. So, if all goes well, I plan to definitely come back in five years and give it another shot."
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities
- Simon Cowell and His Snarky Comments Make Return on 'America's Got Talent' Season 11 Premiere
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture