Wyclef Jean to Run for Haiti Presidency in 2015 Election
Rapper Wyclef Jean is refusing to give up on his dream of becoming president of his native Haiti and is planning to run for office again in the 2015 election. The Fugees star, who lives primarily in the U.S., was ruled out of the political race in August after Haitian lawmakers decided he did not meet the necessary residency requirements to be considered eligible for the upcoming November vote.
Jean officially withdrew his candidacy for the presidency last week, on September 21, but he insists he's not quitting politics altogether - he is eying a return in five years' time.
He tells Hip-Hop Weekly, "I'm not a quitter, and the most important thing for me is, I think, to move Haiti forward, it's gonna take modern thinking. So, if all goes well, I plan to definitely come back in five years and give it another shot."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked