Wyclef Jean to Run for Haiti Presidency in 2015 Election
Rapper Wyclef Jean is refusing to give up on his dream of becoming president of his native Haiti and is planning to run for office again in the 2015 election. The Fugees star, who lives primarily in the U.S., was ruled out of the political race in August after Haitian lawmakers decided he did not meet the necessary residency requirements to be considered eligible for the upcoming November vote.
Jean officially withdrew his candidacy for the presidency last week, on September 21, but he insists he's not quitting politics altogether - he is eying a return in five years' time.
He tells Hip-Hop Weekly, "I'm not a quitter, and the most important thing for me is, I think, to move Haiti forward, it's gonna take modern thinking. So, if all goes well, I plan to definitely come back in five years and give it another shot."
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic