Wyclef Jean to Run for Haiti Presidency in 2015 Election
Rapper Wyclef Jean is refusing to give up on his dream of becoming president of his native Haiti and is planning to run for office again in the 2015 election. The Fugees star, who lives primarily in the U.S., was ruled out of the political race in August after Haitian lawmakers decided he did not meet the necessary residency requirements to be considered eligible for the upcoming November vote.
Jean officially withdrew his candidacy for the presidency last week, on September 21, but he insists he's not quitting politics altogether - he is eying a return in five years' time.
He tells Hip-Hop Weekly, "I'm not a quitter, and the most important thing for me is, I think, to move Haiti forward, it's gonna take modern thinking. So, if all goes well, I plan to definitely come back in five years and give it another shot."
- Gigi Hadid Sparks Zayn Malik Engagement Rumors With New Ring on That Finger
- Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' Moves to Netflix
- Liam Payne Offers Fan a Date With Him in Malibu. Find Out How to Win the Special Prize
- Angelina Jolie Receives Heartfelt Plea From Zahara's Biological Mom to Reconnect With Daughter
- Fiona Apple Releases New Anti-Trump Track 'Tiny Hands'
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'