Wyclef Jean to Run for Haiti Presidency in 2015 Election
Rapper Wyclef Jean is refusing to give up on his dream of becoming president of his native Haiti and is planning to run for office again in the 2015 election. The Fugees star, who lives primarily in the U.S., was ruled out of the political race in August after Haitian lawmakers decided he did not meet the necessary residency requirements to be considered eligible for the upcoming November vote.
Jean officially withdrew his candidacy for the presidency last week, on September 21, but he insists he's not quitting politics altogether - he is eying a return in five years' time.
He tells Hip-Hop Weekly, "I'm not a quitter, and the most important thing for me is, I think, to move Haiti forward, it's gonna take modern thinking. So, if all goes well, I plan to definitely come back in five years and give it another shot."
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up