Arnold Schwarzenegger Signs New Bill to Wipe Out Slavery
Movie star-turned-California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger is doing his bit to wipe out global slavery by signing a new bill demanding the state's major retailers and manufacturers fully disclose their efforts to stamp out illegal employment.
The outgoing Governor signed the unpopular legislation on Thursday, September 30 and now all California businesses must disclose their efforts to eradicate slavery, according to the Los Angeles Times newspaper. He says, "This legislation will increase transparency, allow consumers to make better, more informed choices and motivate businesses to ensure humane practices throughout the supply chain."
The new bill was opposed by officials at the California Chamber of Commerce and the California Grocers Association, who fear the new legislation would make California firms responsible for actions of those far outside the borders of the United States.
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'