Arnold Schwarzenegger Signs New Bill to Wipe Out Slavery
Movie star-turned-California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger is doing his bit to wipe out global slavery by signing a new bill demanding the state's major retailers and manufacturers fully disclose their efforts to stamp out illegal employment.
The outgoing Governor signed the unpopular legislation on Thursday, September 30 and now all California businesses must disclose their efforts to eradicate slavery, according to the Los Angeles Times newspaper. He says, "This legislation will increase transparency, allow consumers to make better, more informed choices and motivate businesses to ensure humane practices throughout the supply chain."
The new bill was opposed by officials at the California Chamber of Commerce and the California Grocers Association, who fear the new legislation would make California firms responsible for actions of those far outside the borders of the United States.
More Arnold Schwarzenegger News
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service