Arnold Schwarzenegger Signs New Bill to Wipe Out Slavery
Movie star-turned-California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger is doing his bit to wipe out global slavery by signing a new bill demanding the state's major retailers and manufacturers fully disclose their efforts to stamp out illegal employment.
The outgoing Governor signed the unpopular legislation on Thursday, September 30 and now all California businesses must disclose their efforts to eradicate slavery, according to the Los Angeles Times newspaper. He says, "This legislation will increase transparency, allow consumers to make better, more informed choices and motivate businesses to ensure humane practices throughout the supply chain."
The new bill was opposed by officials at the California Chamber of Commerce and the California Grocers Association, who fear the new legislation would make California firms responsible for actions of those far outside the borders of the United States.
More Arnold Schwarzenegger News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip