Arnold Schwarzenegger Signs New Bill to Wipe Out Slavery
Movie star-turned-California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger is doing his bit to wipe out global slavery by signing a new bill demanding the state's major retailers and manufacturers fully disclose their efforts to stamp out illegal employment.
The outgoing Governor signed the unpopular legislation on Thursday, September 30 and now all California businesses must disclose their efforts to eradicate slavery, according to the Los Angeles Times newspaper. He says, "This legislation will increase transparency, allow consumers to make better, more informed choices and motivate businesses to ensure humane practices throughout the supply chain."
The new bill was opposed by officials at the California Chamber of Commerce and the California Grocers Association, who fear the new legislation would make California firms responsible for actions of those far outside the borders of the United States.
More Arnold Schwarzenegger News
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell