Jamie Lee Curtis on Late Father Tony: He Will Be Greatly Missed
Actress Jamie Lee Curtis has paid a touching tribute to her late father, Hollywood icon Tony Curtis, insisting his legacy will live on through his "great performances". The "Some Like It Hot" star passed away at his home in Las Vegas on Wednesday, September 29 after suffering a cardiac arrest at the age of 85.
His daughter Lee Curtis has heaped praise on her dad, insisting they shared a mutual respect for one another's professions, despite their difficult relationship following his bitter divorce from her actress mother Janet Leigh. In a statement released on Thursday, September 30, she says, "My father leaves behind a legacy of great performances in movies and in his paintings and assemblages. He leaves behind children and their families who loved him and respected him and a wife and in-laws who were devoted to him. He also leaves behind fans all over the world. He will be greatly missed."
Former James Bond star Sir Roger Moore was one of the first stars to express his sorrow at Curtis' death, choking back tears as he remembered his old friend. He told Britain's Sky News, "I'm shocked. I knew Tony had not been well but I never think that friends are going... I'm very sad, and for Jill his wife who adored him."
Curtis is also survived by his sixth wife Jill Vandenberg Curtis, who he wed in 1998, and his four other children.
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest