Jamie Lee Curtis on Late Father Tony: He Will Be Greatly Missed
Actress Jamie Lee Curtis has paid a touching tribute to her late father, Hollywood icon Tony Curtis, insisting his legacy will live on through his "great performances". The "Some Like It Hot" star passed away at his home in Las Vegas on Wednesday, September 29 after suffering a cardiac arrest at the age of 85.
His daughter Lee Curtis has heaped praise on her dad, insisting they shared a mutual respect for one another's professions, despite their difficult relationship following his bitter divorce from her actress mother Janet Leigh. In a statement released on Thursday, September 30, she says, "My father leaves behind a legacy of great performances in movies and in his paintings and assemblages. He leaves behind children and their families who loved him and respected him and a wife and in-laws who were devoted to him. He also leaves behind fans all over the world. He will be greatly missed."
Former James Bond star Sir Roger Moore was one of the first stars to express his sorrow at Curtis' death, choking back tears as he remembered his old friend. He told Britain's Sky News, "I'm shocked. I knew Tony had not been well but I never think that friends are going... I'm very sad, and for Jill his wife who adored him."
Curtis is also survived by his sixth wife Jill Vandenberg Curtis, who he wed in 1998, and his four other children.
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift
- It's Official: Joy-Anna Duggar and Austin Forsyth Are Married - See Their Wedding Pic
- Scott Disick Caught Cozying Up to Another Woman After Spotted With Bella Thorne and Chloe Bartolli
- New Director Is Reportedly Eyed to Helm 'Justice League Dark'
- Bella Thorne Wants to Forget She Ever Met Scott Disick After He Ditched Her
- Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid and More Recreate Iconic Supermodels Bathtub Photo