Bloc Party's Guitarist Bitten by Lion in Africa
Bloc Party and Ash guitarist Russell Lissackwas hospitalized during a recent trip to South Africa after he was bitten by a lion. The British musician, who is playing with Ash while Bloc Party are on hiatus, was in the country with his new bandmates earlier this month for a series of shows.
They took a break from work to visit a local animal sanctuary, but Lissack was left needing urgent medical attention after a lion cub sank its teeth into his hand. The rocker was admitted to hospital where doctors treated the wound and gave him a tetanus shot, according to Spinner.com.
According to NME, Lissack was fine after the attack, but the hospital itself was closed down while he was there after the deaths of two men from an unidentified virus. Together with Ash, Lissack is now back in the U.K.
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens