Bloc Party's Guitarist Bitten by Lion in Africa
Bloc Party and Ash guitarist Russell Lissackwas hospitalized during a recent trip to South Africa after he was bitten by a lion. The British musician, who is playing with Ash while Bloc Party are on hiatus, was in the country with his new bandmates earlier this month for a series of shows.
They took a break from work to visit a local animal sanctuary, but Lissack was left needing urgent medical attention after a lion cub sank its teeth into his hand. The rocker was admitted to hospital where doctors treated the wound and gave him a tetanus shot, according to Spinner.com.
According to NME, Lissack was fine after the attack, but the hospital itself was closed down while he was there after the deaths of two men from an unidentified virus. Together with Ash, Lissack is now back in the U.K.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip