Bloc Party's Guitarist Bitten by Lion in Africa
Bloc Party and Ash guitarist Russell Lissackwas hospitalized during a recent trip to South Africa after he was bitten by a lion. The British musician, who is playing with Ash while Bloc Party are on hiatus, was in the country with his new bandmates earlier this month for a series of shows.
They took a break from work to visit a local animal sanctuary, but Lissack was left needing urgent medical attention after a lion cub sank its teeth into his hand. The rocker was admitted to hospital where doctors treated the wound and gave him a tetanus shot, according to Spinner.com.
According to NME, Lissack was fine after the attack, but the hospital itself was closed down while he was there after the deaths of two men from an unidentified virus. Together with Ash, Lissack is now back in the U.K.
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters