Bloc Party's Guitarist Bitten by Lion in Africa
Bloc Party and Ash guitarist Russell Lissackwas hospitalized during a recent trip to South Africa after he was bitten by a lion. The British musician, who is playing with Ash while Bloc Party are on hiatus, was in the country with his new bandmates earlier this month for a series of shows.
They took a break from work to visit a local animal sanctuary, but Lissack was left needing urgent medical attention after a lion cub sank its teeth into his hand. The rocker was admitted to hospital where doctors treated the wound and gave him a tetanus shot, according to Spinner.com.
According to NME, Lissack was fine after the attack, but the hospital itself was closed down while he was there after the deaths of two men from an unidentified virus. Together with Ash, Lissack is now back in the U.K.
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name