Bloc Party's Guitarist Bitten by Lion in Africa
Bloc Party and Ash guitarist Russell Lissackwas hospitalized during a recent trip to South Africa after he was bitten by a lion. The British musician, who is playing with Ash while Bloc Party are on hiatus, was in the country with his new bandmates earlier this month for a series of shows.
They took a break from work to visit a local animal sanctuary, but Lissack was left needing urgent medical attention after a lion cub sank its teeth into his hand. The rocker was admitted to hospital where doctors treated the wound and gave him a tetanus shot, according to Spinner.com.
According to NME, Lissack was fine after the attack, but the hospital itself was closed down while he was there after the deaths of two men from an unidentified virus. Together with Ash, Lissack is now back in the U.K.
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21