Dave Navarro Writes Open Letter in Wake of Teen's Suicide
Rocker Dave Navarro has penned an open letter to bullied teens urging them not to consider taking their own life. The Jane's Addiction guitarist has faced a series of personal tragedies, including the murder of his mother, but is advising youngsters to stay strong following a series of suicides in the U.S. linked to schoolyard bullying.
Navarro was particularly disturbed after learning about the death of 15 year old Billy Lucas from Indiana, who allegedly took his own life earlier this month after he was taunted for being gay. Now the rocker has reached out to victims of high school harassment, insisting they need to remain strong to pull through.
In an open letter posted on celebrity blogger Perez Hilton's website, he writes, "You can get through this... The hard cold reality is that once you have chosen suicide, that's it. No going back. Sure, there is a public outcry and MAYBE the bullies feel remorse for a while, but it all dies down, life goes on, the bullies let the memory fade and get on with their lives..."
"Personally, I have seen a lot of darkness and tragedy that has felt insurmountable. The murder of my mother, my battle with drug addiction, the loss of friends and family. Utter depression and despair. Of course the thought of suicide has crossed my mind a time or two."
"Let me share this. THANK GOD I never took that action. The friends I have made, the experiences I have had, the laughter I have shared would have all been missed... To those of you contemplating such a course, please do us a favor. Seek counseling first. Find a network of people who have gone through what you are going through. Help others in even more turmoil than you. I am certain that you can find peace."
- Shia LaBeouf Flashes His Penis While Peeing at the Beach
- Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell Boozing and Whining in 'Bad Moms Christmas' Red Band Teaser Trailer
- Alec Baldwin Accidentally Reveals He and Wife Hilaria Are Renewing Their Wedding Vows
- Here's John Mayer's Cool Response to Katy Perry Ranking Him No. 1 in Bed
- Taylor Swift Is Working on Collaboration With Drake
- Emilia Clarke Says Being a Woman in Hollywood Is 'Like Dealing With Racism'
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene