Dave Navarro Writes Open Letter in Wake of Teen's Suicide
Rocker Dave Navarro has penned an open letter to bullied teens urging them not to consider taking their own life. The Jane's Addiction guitarist has faced a series of personal tragedies, including the murder of his mother, but is advising youngsters to stay strong following a series of suicides in the U.S. linked to schoolyard bullying.
Navarro was particularly disturbed after learning about the death of 15 year old Billy Lucas from Indiana, who allegedly took his own life earlier this month after he was taunted for being gay. Now the rocker has reached out to victims of high school harassment, insisting they need to remain strong to pull through.
In an open letter posted on celebrity blogger Perez Hilton's website, he writes, "You can get through this... The hard cold reality is that once you have chosen suicide, that's it. No going back. Sure, there is a public outcry and MAYBE the bullies feel remorse for a while, but it all dies down, life goes on, the bullies let the memory fade and get on with their lives..."
"Personally, I have seen a lot of darkness and tragedy that has felt insurmountable. The murder of my mother, my battle with drug addiction, the loss of friends and family. Utter depression and despair. Of course the thought of suicide has crossed my mind a time or two."
"Let me share this. THANK GOD I never took that action. The friends I have made, the experiences I have had, the laughter I have shared would have all been missed... To those of you contemplating such a course, please do us a favor. Seek counseling first. Find a network of people who have gone through what you are going through. Help others in even more turmoil than you. I am certain that you can find peace."
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight