Lindsay Lohan's Dad to File Conservatorship Request 'Within Days'
Lindsay Lohan's estranged father is officially seeking legal conservatorship over his daughter, according to a U.S. report. Earlier this year, Michael Lohan announced plans to ask a judge to allow him to take over his daughter's financial and business affairs, but he halted the bid in an effort to solve his daughter's problems away from the court room.
But now Lohan is making moves to create a conservatorship for the "Mean Girls" actress again, just a day after she entered rehab for the second time in a month. On Wednesday, September 29 Michael met up with lawyer David Chon, who specializes in trusts and estates, and he is planning to file conservatorship papers with him "within days", reports TMZ.com.
The website states Lohan isn't expecting to become conservator himself, but he reportedly has two other people he wants to be considered. He is requesting that the star's mother Dina Lohan and Lindsay's business manager Lou Taylor are cut off from looking after his daughter's affairs, because "they're in it for themselves".
Sources claim Michael Lohan has been impressed by the way Britney Spears' father Jamie has helped his wayward daughter turn her life around thanks to a conservatorship deal - and he thinks he can do the same for the actress.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'