Lindsay Lohan's Dad to File Conservatorship Request 'Within Days'
Lindsay Lohan's estranged father is officially seeking legal conservatorship over his daughter, according to a U.S. report. Earlier this year, Michael Lohan announced plans to ask a judge to allow him to take over his daughter's financial and business affairs, but he halted the bid in an effort to solve his daughter's problems away from the court room.
But now Lohan is making moves to create a conservatorship for the "Mean Girls" actress again, just a day after she entered rehab for the second time in a month. On Wednesday, September 29 Michael met up with lawyer David Chon, who specializes in trusts and estates, and he is planning to file conservatorship papers with him "within days", reports TMZ.com.
The website states Lohan isn't expecting to become conservator himself, but he reportedly has two other people he wants to be considered. He is requesting that the star's mother Dina Lohan and Lindsay's business manager Lou Taylor are cut off from looking after his daughter's affairs, because "they're in it for themselves".
Sources claim Michael Lohan has been impressed by the way Britney Spears' father Jamie has helped his wayward daughter turn her life around thanks to a conservatorship deal - and he thinks he can do the same for the actress.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video