Lindsay Lohan's Dad to File Conservatorship Request 'Within Days'
Lindsay Lohan's estranged father is officially seeking legal conservatorship over his daughter, according to a U.S. report. Earlier this year, Michael Lohan announced plans to ask a judge to allow him to take over his daughter's financial and business affairs, but he halted the bid in an effort to solve his daughter's problems away from the court room.
But now Lohan is making moves to create a conservatorship for the "Mean Girls" actress again, just a day after she entered rehab for the second time in a month. On Wednesday, September 29 Michael met up with lawyer David Chon, who specializes in trusts and estates, and he is planning to file conservatorship papers with him "within days", reports TMZ.com.
The website states Lohan isn't expecting to become conservator himself, but he reportedly has two other people he wants to be considered. He is requesting that the star's mother Dina Lohan and Lindsay's business manager Lou Taylor are cut off from looking after his daughter's affairs, because "they're in it for themselves".
Sources claim Michael Lohan has been impressed by the way Britney Spears' father Jamie has helped his wayward daughter turn her life around thanks to a conservatorship deal - and he thinks he can do the same for the actress.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame