Lindsay Lohan's Dad to File Conservatorship Request 'Within Days'
Lindsay Lohan's estranged father is officially seeking legal conservatorship over his daughter, according to a U.S. report. Earlier this year, Michael Lohan announced plans to ask a judge to allow him to take over his daughter's financial and business affairs, but he halted the bid in an effort to solve his daughter's problems away from the court room.
But now Lohan is making moves to create a conservatorship for the "Mean Girls" actress again, just a day after she entered rehab for the second time in a month. On Wednesday, September 29 Michael met up with lawyer David Chon, who specializes in trusts and estates, and he is planning to file conservatorship papers with him "within days", reports TMZ.com.
The website states Lohan isn't expecting to become conservator himself, but he reportedly has two other people he wants to be considered. He is requesting that the star's mother Dina Lohan and Lindsay's business manager Lou Taylor are cut off from looking after his daughter's affairs, because "they're in it for themselves".
Sources claim Michael Lohan has been impressed by the way Britney Spears' father Jamie has helped his wayward daughter turn her life around thanks to a conservatorship deal - and he thinks he can do the same for the actress.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?