Flo Rida Turned Into Diva During Singapore Festival
Rapper Flo Rida turned into a diva at a music festival in Singapore over the weekend when he refused to leave his hotel room for his concert start time and then extended his set. The "Low" hitmaker was supposed to hit the stage at the Marina Bay Sands Convention Center for a midnight performance as part of the two-day Avalon At Large GO! event, which was staged around the Singapore Formula One Grand Prix.
But he kept organizers waiting for over an hour when he refused to leave his hotel room. A source says, "No one had any idea why he was delaying his performance. His DJ showed up on time and in the end he had to play Flo Rida hits to keep the crowd happy."
"When Flo Rida did eventually show up, no one could get him off the stage and he performed for over an hour. DJ Steve Aoki, who was headlining the show, had to wait for 90 minutes before he could go onstage and, instead of closing the first night of the festival at 5 A.M., it went on until 7 P.M."
But the festival, held to launch Singapore's new floating Avalon nightclub which will open to the public this coming winter, was a huge success with rapper Chingy and The Chemical Brothers among the highlights. Chingy, who showed up to watch the Chemical Brothers perform, was so impressed by the crowd he asked to be added to the bill and performed after the dance duo's set.
Sir Richard Branson and Miss New Zealand 2009, Katie Taylor, were surprise guests during the British dance music duo's set - the odd couple took to the stage to dance to the band's Block Rockin' Beats.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism