Video: Courtney Love Turned Into Cartoon in 'The Dark Night of the Soul'
Courtney Love has been turned into a new cartoon character in a new film by animator Michael Mouris. The filmmaker has covered Love's rise from grunge rocker to often classy fashion icon in a six-minute movie called "The Dark Night of the Soul".
Love is thrilled with the end result, especially the parts of the film featuring cartoon cameos from designer Karl Lagerfeld and fashion guru Andre Leon Talley. She says, "I don't know if Karl has seen this, but it's about him in so many ways."
Mouris made his movie after Love granted him access to her personal photo albums and he hired an actress to play her, based on what he saw in the images. He explains, "My process is called pixilation, which is animated with stop-motion, but uses real people instead of puppets."
"All of the images come from photographs. I hire actors to play the parts, photograph them in stop-motion and then I collage the photographs." Love adds, "One of the stills was photographed after I had the best sex of my entire life."
Courtney Love Gets Animated:
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers