Video: Courtney Love Turned Into Cartoon in 'The Dark Night of the Soul'
Courtney Love has been turned into a new cartoon character in a new film by animator Michael Mouris. The filmmaker has covered Love's rise from grunge rocker to often classy fashion icon in a six-minute movie called "The Dark Night of the Soul".
Love is thrilled with the end result, especially the parts of the film featuring cartoon cameos from designer Karl Lagerfeld and fashion guru Andre Leon Talley. She says, "I don't know if Karl has seen this, but it's about him in so many ways."
Mouris made his movie after Love granted him access to her personal photo albums and he hired an actress to play her, based on what he saw in the images. He explains, "My process is called pixilation, which is animated with stop-motion, but uses real people instead of puppets."
"All of the images come from photographs. I hire actors to play the parts, photograph them in stop-motion and then I collage the photographs." Love adds, "One of the stills was photographed after I had the best sex of my entire life."
Courtney Love Gets Animated:
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years
- Nick Young Wants Chris Brown Out of Their Neighborhood: 'You're Making the Block Hot'
- New 'Jumanji' Film Adds Karen Gillan in Major Role
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius