Nicole Richie on Wedding Speculation: We Haven't Planned Anything
Nicole Richie has brushed off reports suggesting she will be Mrs. Joel Madden by the end of the year, insisting the celebrity couple is too busy to plan a wedding. The socialite sparked rumors her big day was imminent after whisking good friends Christina Aguilera and DJ Samantha Ronson off to Cabo San Lucas in Mexico for a supposed bachelorette party earlier this month.
The couple, which became engaged last year, has yet to reveal when the wedding is, and an insider says the stars are in the "planning stages" for a ceremony "at the end of the year". The source tells Us Weekly magazine, "Nicole is happier than she's ever been. She and Joel have this connection."
But Richie has dismissed speculation over a wedding date, blaming the Good Charlotte star's busy tour schedule and her burgeoning career as a fashion designer and writer for the delay. During an appearance on U.S. talk show "The View" on Wednesday, September 29, she said, "Joel and I are not big planners, we just kind of go with the flow of things."
"Honestly, we haven't planned anything. He is about to go on tour with his new album, I'm on my book tour now and I'm really focused on my work and with the kids." She has two children with Madden - daughter Harlow, two, and son Sparrow, one. Richie is currently promoting her new novel, "Priceless".
More Nicole Richie News
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake