Nicole Richie on Wedding Speculation: We Haven't Planned Anything
Nicole Richie has brushed off reports suggesting she will be Mrs. Joel Madden by the end of the year, insisting the celebrity couple is too busy to plan a wedding. The socialite sparked rumors her big day was imminent after whisking good friends Christina Aguilera and DJ Samantha Ronson off to Cabo San Lucas in Mexico for a supposed bachelorette party earlier this month.
The couple, which became engaged last year, has yet to reveal when the wedding is, and an insider says the stars are in the "planning stages" for a ceremony "at the end of the year". The source tells Us Weekly magazine, "Nicole is happier than she's ever been. She and Joel have this connection."
But Richie has dismissed speculation over a wedding date, blaming the Good Charlotte star's busy tour schedule and her burgeoning career as a fashion designer and writer for the delay. During an appearance on U.S. talk show "The View" on Wednesday, September 29, she said, "Joel and I are not big planners, we just kind of go with the flow of things."
"Honestly, we haven't planned anything. He is about to go on tour with his new album, I'm on my book tour now and I'm really focused on my work and with the kids." She has two children with Madden - daughter Harlow, two, and son Sparrow, one. Richie is currently promoting her new novel, "Priceless".
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts