Brother Believes Lindsay Lohan's Troubles Caused by 'Leeches' Surrounding Her
Lindsay Lohan's younger brother has blamed the actress' circle of "leeches" for hampering the star's efforts to overcome her personal troubles after entering rehab for the second time in a month. The "Mean Girls" star checked into a treatment center in Southern California on Tuesday, September 28, four days after posting $300,000 bail to walk free from jail after failing two mandatory drug tests.
Lohan is expected to remain in rehab until her next hearing on October 22 and her brother Michael, Jr. is confident the 24-year-old actress will kick her drug demons - as long as she steers clear of the bad influences that have "clouded" her judgment so far.
He tells People, "I think that in the past, her vision has been blurred. People she was surrounded by - enablers, leeches, whatever you'd like to call it - made things very difficult. It's quite strenuous to right your wrongs when the people around you help justify your actions. Therefore, cloudy judgment made it easy for her to neglect those trying to guide her."
"People with addictive tendencies do not get better overnight, so that cannot be expected. However, her commitment to her current recovery is a side effect of the realization of her past mishaps."
Michael, Jr., 22, insists Lindsay is well-aware she faces an uphill battle to stay sober and he and his family will support her every step of the way. He says, "(She's) well-aware that she's at a crossroad in life, and is fully committed to ensuring a healthier future."
"She has made conscious efforts to improve her lifestyle behaviors and to treat this process with great care. In order to continue her healing process, she's willing to take whatever steps necessary. We - her mother, brothers, and sister - have been there for Lindsay every step of the way, despite what trashy news reports. And (we) will continue to give her our support and strength during these arduous times."
Lohan spent 23 days at a lock-down rehab this summer after serving 13 days in jail for violating her probation on a 2007 DUI arrest.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal