Brother Believes Lindsay Lohan's Troubles Caused by 'Leeches' Surrounding Her
Lindsay Lohan's younger brother has blamed the actress' circle of "leeches" for hampering the star's efforts to overcome her personal troubles after entering rehab for the second time in a month. The "Mean Girls" star checked into a treatment center in Southern California on Tuesday, September 28, four days after posting $300,000 bail to walk free from jail after failing two mandatory drug tests.
Lohan is expected to remain in rehab until her next hearing on October 22 and her brother Michael, Jr. is confident the 24-year-old actress will kick her drug demons - as long as she steers clear of the bad influences that have "clouded" her judgment so far.
He tells People, "I think that in the past, her vision has been blurred. People she was surrounded by - enablers, leeches, whatever you'd like to call it - made things very difficult. It's quite strenuous to right your wrongs when the people around you help justify your actions. Therefore, cloudy judgment made it easy for her to neglect those trying to guide her."
"People with addictive tendencies do not get better overnight, so that cannot be expected. However, her commitment to her current recovery is a side effect of the realization of her past mishaps."
Michael, Jr., 22, insists Lindsay is well-aware she faces an uphill battle to stay sober and he and his family will support her every step of the way. He says, "(She's) well-aware that she's at a crossroad in life, and is fully committed to ensuring a healthier future."
"She has made conscious efforts to improve her lifestyle behaviors and to treat this process with great care. In order to continue her healing process, she's willing to take whatever steps necessary. We - her mother, brothers, and sister - have been there for Lindsay every step of the way, despite what trashy news reports. And (we) will continue to give her our support and strength during these arduous times."
Lohan spent 23 days at a lock-down rehab this summer after serving 13 days in jail for violating her probation on a 2007 DUI arrest.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny