Drake's Latest Concert in New York Not Canceled Again
Rapper Drake finally got the chance to perform a full concert for his fans in New York on Tuesday, September 28 after his previous two attempts to hit the stage were canceled at the last minute. The Canadian hitmaker was due to headline a free show at Manhattan's South Street Seaport in June, but police shut down the gig due to overcrowding after 25,000 devotees descended on the area.
A second free set in Central Park had to be scrapped in July when officials at the Big Apple's Parks Department were unable to provide the level of security demanded by authorities amid fears of a repeat riot. But Drake was able to reward fans for their loyalty when he took to the stage at the famed Radio City Music Hall on Tuesday night for the first of two sold-out shows at the venue as part of his solo Light Dreams & Nightmares U.S. tour.
He delighted fans with renditions of tracks like "Fireworks", "Best I Ever Had", "Successful" and "Forever", and was joined by special guests J Cole and Young Jeezy for "Unforgettable", while a red-headed Rihanna was spotted in the audience singing along to every song. The Bajan beauty later met up with Drake to celebrate his tour success with an afterparty at hotspot Greenhouse, which also served as a birthday bash for former Pussycat Doll Melody Thornton.
More Drake News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie