Drake's Latest Concert in New York Not Canceled Again
Rapper Drake finally got the chance to perform a full concert for his fans in New York on Tuesday, September 28 after his previous two attempts to hit the stage were canceled at the last minute. The Canadian hitmaker was due to headline a free show at Manhattan's South Street Seaport in June, but police shut down the gig due to overcrowding after 25,000 devotees descended on the area.
A second free set in Central Park had to be scrapped in July when officials at the Big Apple's Parks Department were unable to provide the level of security demanded by authorities amid fears of a repeat riot. But Drake was able to reward fans for their loyalty when he took to the stage at the famed Radio City Music Hall on Tuesday night for the first of two sold-out shows at the venue as part of his solo Light Dreams & Nightmares U.S. tour.
He delighted fans with renditions of tracks like "Fireworks", "Best I Ever Had", "Successful" and "Forever", and was joined by special guests J Cole and Young Jeezy for "Unforgettable", while a red-headed Rihanna was spotted in the audience singing along to every song. The Bajan beauty later met up with Drake to celebrate his tour success with an afterparty at hotspot Greenhouse, which also served as a birthday bash for former Pussycat Doll Melody Thornton.
More Drake News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby