Tom Arnold Enters Rehab After Colon Surgery
Actor Tom Arnold is undergoing rehab to help him detox from pain drugs prescribed to him following recent emergency colon surgery. The "True Lies" star was recently treated in secret for a perforated colon, a painful procedure that forced him to spend a month in hospital and take a cocktail of pain pills.
Arnold, 51, has battled hard to kick an addiction to alcohol and has been sober for 20 years - so he checked into the Betty Ford Clinic in California to properly wean himself off the powerful medication. The actor's spokesperson says, "He spent over a month in the hospital after emergency surgery for a perforated colon. During that time, extensive pain and anti-anxiety meds were administered."
"His doctors advised him to go into a supervised, structured recovery/rehab facility to properly and safely detox from all meds."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart