Tom Arnold Enters Rehab After Colon Surgery
Actor Tom Arnold is undergoing rehab to help him detox from pain drugs prescribed to him following recent emergency colon surgery. The "True Lies" star was recently treated in secret for a perforated colon, a painful procedure that forced him to spend a month in hospital and take a cocktail of pain pills.
Arnold, 51, has battled hard to kick an addiction to alcohol and has been sober for 20 years - so he checked into the Betty Ford Clinic in California to properly wean himself off the powerful medication. The actor's spokesperson says, "He spent over a month in the hospital after emergency surgery for a perforated colon. During that time, extensive pain and anti-anxiety meds were administered."
"His doctors advised him to go into a supervised, structured recovery/rehab facility to properly and safely detox from all meds."
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease