Tom Arnold Enters Rehab After Colon Surgery
Actor Tom Arnold is undergoing rehab to help him detox from pain drugs prescribed to him following recent emergency colon surgery. The "True Lies" star was recently treated in secret for a perforated colon, a painful procedure that forced him to spend a month in hospital and take a cocktail of pain pills.
Arnold, 51, has battled hard to kick an addiction to alcohol and has been sober for 20 years - so he checked into the Betty Ford Clinic in California to properly wean himself off the powerful medication. The actor's spokesperson says, "He spent over a month in the hospital after emergency surgery for a perforated colon. During that time, extensive pain and anti-anxiety meds were administered."
"His doctors advised him to go into a supervised, structured recovery/rehab facility to properly and safely detox from all meds."
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?