Michael Caine Imagined 9/11 Plot for Book Before It Happened
Sir Michael Caine abandoned plans to write his first novel in 2001 after watching in horror as his plot about a terrorist attack came to life during America's 9/11 tragedy. "The Dark Knight" star admits he was left speechless when he realized he had unwittingly predicted the atrocity in his own story about an attack in his native London.
In an interview with Britain's BBC Radio 4, he says, "I had this plot where terrorists fly a plane into a London skyscraper. Then they did it in real life. I was stunned by that, so I stopped writing."
Caine is now planning to pick up where he left off - so he can complete the fiction book, "a thriller about terrorism," by the time he turns 80 in 2013. But the British acting icon warns fans not to expect too high a standard, "It'll be for guys. It won't be a great literary effort."
Caine releases his second autobiography, "The Elephant to Hollywood", this week.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation