Nicole Richie Arrived Late at Book Signing and Apologized
Socialite Nicole Richie had to apologize to fans waiting for her arrival at a book signing in New York on Tuesday, September 28 after her flight was delayed due to bad weather conditions. The fashion designer and author celebrated the release of her novel "Priceless" by holding a special event at a Manhattan branch of book store Borders, but organizers had to postpone the 7pm (local time) start after Richie was left stranded in Chicago, Illinois, en route to the Big Apple.
Taking to her Twitter.com page on Tuesday afternoon, she wrote, "No! Guys, due to weather issues I can't land in NYC. I'm stuck in Chicago flapping my arms to get there. ... I WILL be at Borders tonight no matter what time it is! Ain't no stoppin'me (sic)!" And Richie sent her heartfelt thanks to those in line at the store as they awaited her arrival: "Thank you for waiting. Your patience means the world to me. I am so sorry."
The star didn't make it to the signing desk until a little after 9.30pm, but made it up to her loyal devotees by staying late to meet every fan. She wrapped up the event at 11pm, an hour after the store closed its doors to customers.
"Priceless" is about an aspiring jazz singer who escapes to New Orleans, Louisiana after her banker father is charged with fraud and is Richie's second book. Her writing debut, "The Truth About Diamonds", made it onto The New York Times Best-Seller List at number 32 in 2006.
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction