Former Manager Demanding Money Michael Jackson Owed Him
Michael Jackson's one-time manager and adviser Dr. Tohme Tohme has filed legal papers demanding to see the late star's financial records to aid his creditor's claim. Tohme alleges he is owed millions of dollars from Jackson's estate after organizing a deal to save the late "Thriller" hitmaker from financial ruin.
He insists he persuaded bosses at Colony Capital LLC to hand over $23 million to save Jackson's Neverland ranch - but he was never rewarded for his efforts. Tohme, who is demanding the $2.3 million Jackson allegedly promised him, is now stepping up his bid by asking for the singer's financial documents be made public.
On Tuesday, September 28, Tohme's lawyers filed papers arguing he and other creditors should have access to a report that was filed by Jackson's estate administrators last week, which details the singer's finances. Tohme is requesting to see revenue, expense and profit information that is not publicly available, reports the Associated Press.
More Michael Jackson News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert