Former Manager Demanding Money Michael Jackson Owed Him
Michael Jackson's one-time manager and adviser Dr. Tohme Tohme has filed legal papers demanding to see the late star's financial records to aid his creditor's claim. Tohme alleges he is owed millions of dollars from Jackson's estate after organizing a deal to save the late "Thriller" hitmaker from financial ruin.
He insists he persuaded bosses at Colony Capital LLC to hand over $23 million to save Jackson's Neverland ranch - but he was never rewarded for his efforts. Tohme, who is demanding the $2.3 million Jackson allegedly promised him, is now stepping up his bid by asking for the singer's financial documents be made public.
On Tuesday, September 28, Tohme's lawyers filed papers arguing he and other creditors should have access to a report that was filed by Jackson's estate administrators last week, which details the singer's finances. Tohme is requesting to see revenue, expense and profit information that is not publicly available, reports the Associated Press.
More Michael Jackson News
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards
- Scott Disick Can't Keep His Hands Off Bella Thorne During Intimate Vacation in Cannes
- Ellen DeGeneres to Make Stand-Up Return in Netflix Comedy Special
- Bella Hadid Turns Heads in Daring Dress as She Debuts Short Bangs at Perfume Launch in Italy
- 'Top Gun 2' May Be Directed by Joseph Kosinski, Val Kilmer May Return
- Ariana Grande Postpones European Tour Through June 5 After Manchester Bombing
- A Hero Returns in Darkness in Netflix's 'Castlevania' First Teaser
- Bikini-Clad Ariel Winter Flashes Her Butt as She Kisses Beau Levi Meaden in PDA-Filled Pic