Former Manager Demanding Money Michael Jackson Owed Him
Michael Jackson's one-time manager and adviser Dr. Tohme Tohme has filed legal papers demanding to see the late star's financial records to aid his creditor's claim. Tohme alleges he is owed millions of dollars from Jackson's estate after organizing a deal to save the late "Thriller" hitmaker from financial ruin.
He insists he persuaded bosses at Colony Capital LLC to hand over $23 million to save Jackson's Neverland ranch - but he was never rewarded for his efforts. Tohme, who is demanding the $2.3 million Jackson allegedly promised him, is now stepping up his bid by asking for the singer's financial documents be made public.
On Tuesday, September 28, Tohme's lawyers filed papers arguing he and other creditors should have access to a report that was filed by Jackson's estate administrators last week, which details the singer's finances. Tohme is requesting to see revenue, expense and profit information that is not publicly available, reports the Associated Press.
More Michael Jackson News
- Caitlyn Jenner Surprises Kim Kardashian With Bare-Butt Sculpture
- Amber Heard Denies She Blackmailed Johnny Depp
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift