Keith Urban and Brad Paisley Join Grand Ole Opry Relaunch Celebration
Keith Urban and Brad Paisley will help to celebrate the reopening of country music mecca the Grand Ole Opry on Tuesday night, September 28, four months after severe floods wreaked havoc on the fabled venue. Opry bosses were forced to close down the Nashville, Tennessee auditorium in May when heavy storms caused water to sweep through the venue and destroy the stage, dressing rooms and retail store.
They have spent an estimated $17 million on renovations and now the building is set to relaunch with an all-star line-up led by Urban and Paisley. The duo will also be joined by the likes of Martina McBride, Blake Shelton and Dierks Bentley for the show, titled "Country Comes Home: an Opry Celebration", which will be broadcast live online.
The May floods did little to dampen the spirit of the Opry and executives insisted the show must go on, with scheduled performances taking place at various venues around Nashville while country music's original home was restored to its former glory.
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses