Bon Jovi Nominated as Recipient of Hall of Fame Honor
Bon Jovi, Alice Cooper and Neil Diamond have landed nominations to be inducted into the prestigious Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as the class of 2010. The stars join fellow first-time nominees Dr. John and Donovan, while Donna Summer, Tom Waits and rap acts LL Cool J and the Beastie Boys will be keeping their fingers crossed once more to be recognized as music royalty with the industry's highest honor.
The contenders for the 2010 Hall of Fame accolade were announced on Tuesday, September 28, but the artists will have to wait until December to learn if they have been selected to go down in history, and the ceremony will take place in March 2011 in New York.
The nomination will be a dream come true for Bon Jovi - last year, frontman Jon Bon Jovi insisted the hitmakers deserved to be honored beside Elvis Presley and The Beatles after rocking out for 26 years. He said, "I would really like to be (inducted). I intend to be, because, in all honestly, I would like to be a part of Elvis and the Beatles and The (Rolling) Stones' history. We've sold a lot of records and influenced another generation of fans, and the music has got staying power."
To qualify for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame recognition, acts must have released its first songs at least 25 years ago.
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance
- John Boyega Shares Final 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Set Photo as Filming Wraps
- Braless Gigi Hadid Flaunts Nipples and Major Underboob in Ripped Crop Top - See the Steamy Pic
- Emmy Rossum's House Was Burglarized, $150,000 Worth of Jewelry Were Stolen
- 'DWTS': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Gets Surgery After Calf Injury, He Won't Be in Next Week's Episode
- Bootylicious! Kristin Cavallari Shares NSFW Instagram Pic of Husband Jay Cutler